Home > Archives > IJSRST184150
Physico-chemical Parameters Studies on Shiva Sagar Lake, Vikarabad, Telangana
Authors(2) :-T. Sreelakshmi, K. Shailaja
Shiva Sagar Lake which is also called as Shiva Reddy Peta cheruvu or Sir Vikar-ul-Umra is situated at Shiva Reddy Peta village near Vikarabad town in Ranga Reddy which is about 70 kilometers from Hyderabad. It spreads an area of around 93 hectares of land and it is 50-100 meters depth. The present paper deals mainly with the study of physico-chemical parameters in Shivasagar Lake. Detailed Physico-chemical characteristics of this lake were analyzed. The various physico-chemical parameters like Temperature, pH, carbonates, bicarbonates, chlorides, Total hardness, calcium, Magnesium, Dissolved oxygen, , Nitrates, Nitrites, Phosphates and sulphates were analysed. The values of Physico-chemical parameters which were found in the lake always below the drinking water quality standards. Therefore, it can be concluded that the water of the Lake is fit for consumption according to drinking water quality standards (BIS, 2003).
T. Sreelakshmi, K. Shailaja
Shiva Sagar Lake, Water Quality And Physico-Chemical Parameters.
- APHA 1998. Standard Methods for examination of water and wastewater. 20th Edition. American Public Health Association, Washington, D.C., USA. p.1193.
- Arthur D. Hastler. 1947. Eutrophication of lakes by domestic drainage. Ecology, 28(4): 383-395.
- Bharathi SG and Hosamani SP 1975. Hydro biological studies in ponds and Lakes of Dharwar (Yemmekeri pond) Part I. Kar. Uni.J. Science 18:246-254.
- BIS 2003. Indian Standard Specification for drinking water IS 10500, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- Kant S, Kachroo P. 1971. Limnological Studies on Kashmir lakes. IV. Seasonal Distribution of phytoplankton in Dal and Nagin Lake. Proc. Ind. Natn. Sci. Acad. 40B:77-79.
- Kaur, H., Dhillon, S.S, Bath, K.S and Munder,G. 1996. Abiotic and biotic components of fresh water pond in Patiala (Punjab). Poll.Res.. 15(3): 253-256.
- Kaushik, S. And Saxena, D.N. 1999. Physico –chemical limnology of certain water bodies of central India.In, K Vismayan edited Fresh Water Ecosystem in India.Daya Publishing House, Delhi., 336.
- Mini, I., Radhika, C.G and Ganga Devi, J. 2003. Hydrological studies on a lotic ecosystem, Vamanapuram river, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, South India. Pollution Research 22(4): 617-626.
- Misra AP, Borugh BK, Sharma M. 1999. Limnological investigation of a fresh water tributary. J. Freshwater Biol. 2:1-5.
- Panigrahi SN, Nayak BK and Acharya BC. 2005. Effect of Physico-chemical parameters on phytoplankton distribution of Maipura Estuary, Orissa, and East Coast of India. Eco. Env.and Cons.8 (1): 137-144.
- Shiva Kumar KB Singh and Bharti. 2009. Assessment of Spring Water Quality in Aizawl, City, and Mizoram. Journal of applied hydrology 3 and 4 Jul-Sept. 6-11.
- Singh, R.R., Chauhan, B.S, Devendra Swaroop and Yadav, Y.S. 2000. Seasonal variation in ground water quality of Agra city. Indian journal. Environ. Hlth V., 42(2): 59-69.
- Sridhar R, Thangaradjou T, Senthil Kumar S, Kannan L 2006. Water quality and phytoplankton characteristics in the Palk Bay, southeast coast of India. J. Environ. Biol. 27:561-566.
- Wetzel RG (1983). Limnology. 2nd Ed. Sounders college publishing co., New York, pp.1-7679.
- Zutshi DP, Subla BA, Khan MA, Wanganeo A. 1980. Comparative Limnology of nine lakes of Jammu and Kashmir Himalayas. Hydrobiologia. 72:101-112.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 131-133
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184150
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
T. Sreelakshmi, K. Shailaja, "Physico-chemical Parameters Studies on Shiva Sagar Lake, Vikarabad, Telangana", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.131-133, January-February-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184150