Home > Archives > IJSRST184160
Remotely Located Energy Meter Monitoring With Load Control and Mobile Billing System through IoT
Authors(2) :-Rasika K. Khandare, Prof. S. V. Rode
Electricity, one of the most important sectors for the economic development of a country is used for the various purposes. Electric power sector are included many technical and non-technical losses. Meter tampering, illegal means of electricity bill payment and so on are included in the non-technical loss. Due to this non-technical reasons 5-7% power losses of total generated power. That's why consumer has to suffer for this inconsistent billing though they use the approximately same energy in each month. This system is based on network technology, automatic meter-reading technology, and modern management ideas, which can realize the energy consumption management to be controllable, adjustable and predictable. A prior billing is bound to do away with the problems of unpaid bills and human error in meter readings, thereby ensuring justified revenue for the utility. To resolve this issue, digital energy metering system has been introduced but this technology is not capable of removing all the problems mentioned earlier. There needs modification of this system where instantaneous monitoring and digital billing system have to be added.
Rasika K. Khandare, Prof. S. V. Rode
Arduino, Microcontroller, Wi-Fi Module, Energy Meter, Relay, LCD, Server, Load and IoT.
- Mr. Samarth Pandit, Miss. Sneha Mandhre, Miss. Meghana Nichal “Smart Energy Meter using internet of Things (IoT)” VJER-Vishwakarma Journal of Engineering Research Volume 1 Issue 2, June 2017
- Ronanki Deepak Krishna, Pulavarty Jaya Kishan, Teki Sai Santosh Kumar “GSM Based Energy Meter Billing Via SMS” 3rd international conference on recent innovation in science engineering and management.
- Dinesh Prasanth M K, “Live Energy Meter Reading and Billing System through GPRS” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT): 2278-0181 IJERTV Vol. 4 Issue 05, May-2015
- P.V. Santhoshi Roja, B. Kiran Babu, V. Samson Deva Kumar “Wireless Energy Meter and Billing via SMS” International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), India Online ISSN: 2319-7064 Volume 2 Issue 4, April 2013
- Md. Sajedul Islam, Bangladesh Md. Sadequr Rahman Bhuiyan “Design and Implementation of Remotely Located Energy Meter Monitoring with Load Control and Mobile Billing System through GSM” International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), February 16-18, 2017.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 174-178
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184160
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Rasika K. Khandare, Prof. S. V. Rode, "Remotely Located Energy Meter Monitoring With Load Control and Mobile Billing System through IoT
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.174-178, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184160