Home > Archives > IJSRST184165
5s Implementation & Standardizing the Bakery Processes In A Leading Catering Establishment : A Case Study
Authors(10) :-Veena Kumari, Deeksha Kapur, Manish Aggarwal, Anjani Kumar Ganeriwala, Rakesh Puneyani,Vikas Tomar, Mathew Varghese, Akshey Saksena, Charanjeet Arya, Praveen Kumar
The paper represents the implementation of 5S Workplace Management System in the Bakery Sub Zone, in one of the leading Catering Establishments, Bikanervala Food Pvt. Ltd. which is known for the manufacturing and serving of Indian traditional Sweets, Snacks and Foods. 5S is the gateway to Total Quality Management and is the most effective way of implementing grass root level improvement programmes which brings a visible change in the workplace. The aim was to standardize all the bakery processes, work simplification, hygiene, safety and reduced inventory . The need for 5S implementation came into existence due to cluttered work-stations, excessive scrap accumulation and stress which is generated due to larger search time for the retrieval of tools. Post 5S implementation, there was a feeling of pride among employees along with the higher work satisfaction.
Veena Kumari, Deeksha Kapur, Manish Aggarwal, Anjani Kumar Ganeriwala, Rakesh Puneyani,Vikas Tomar, Mathew Varghese, Akshey Saksena, Charanjeet Arya, Praveen Kumar
5S, Workplace Management, Bakery, Safety, Total Quality Management
- Dennis, P. (2010).Lean Production Simplified (2nd Edition). New York: Productivity Press.
- Mohd Nizam Ab Rahman et al., (2010), “ Implementation of 5S Practices in the Manufacturing companies: A case study”, American Journal of Applied Science 7(8)-1182-1189
- https://www.5stoday.com/what-is-5s/ .Last retrieved on January,11,2018
- (http://www.foodprocessingbazaar.com/articles/99-bakery-industry-present-and-future-prospects.html) .Last retrieved on January,11,2018
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen .Last retrieved on January,11,2018
- http://www.hindustantimes.com/health-and-fitness/bad-news-don-t-wrap-food-in-newspaper-printing-ink-contains-harmful-colours/story-LpcVR0iOcHrzUSuGbVmO.html .Last retrieved on January,11,2018
- Ganapathy. K., Narayana. V., Subramaniam. B.(2002). Deming Wheel and Problem Solving Techniques. Quality Circle Concept and Implementation.2(14), 121-138
- Srivastava, D.K., Shastri, M., BhuvanDas, V.K. (2015).Seiton-Neatness.Practical Guidebook on 5S. 7(3), 17-21.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 194-212
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184165
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Veena Kumari, Deeksha Kapur, Manish Aggarwal, Anjani Kumar Ganeriwala, Rakesh Puneyani,Vikas Tomar, Mathew Varghese, Akshey Saksena, Charanjeet Arya, Praveen Kumar, "5s Implementation & Standardizing the Bakery Processes In A Leading Catering Establishment : A Case Study", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.194-212, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184165