Home > Archives > IJSRST184166
Preliminary Studies on Water Quality Assessment of Veeranna Cheruvu, Hasnapur, Mahabubnagar District, Telangana State, India
Authors(3) :-C. Nagaraju, A. V. Rajashekhar, A. Sunil Kumar
The present study was carried out on water quality of Veeranna Cheruvu, Mahaboobnagar district, Telangana State during 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. The water spread area of 76ha at Full Storage Level(FSL) 36ha at the Dead Storage Level (DSL). and water is found slightly alkaline in nature. Water is useful for drinking, irrigation and fishing. Three sites were selected to study the physico-chemical parameters of water such as pH, Temperature, Dissolved Oxygen (DO), Total alkalnity, Total Hardness (TH), chlorides (Cl-), nitrites (NO2-) , nitrates (NO3-) and phosphates (PO4-3) and compared with standards of WHO and ISI. The results indicated that the water quality parameters were within the permissible limits of standards. The nutrient levels indicate that water is mesotrophic in nature. During the study period many water quality parameters were found minimum in monsoon and maximum in pre monsoon periods.
C. Nagaraju, A. V. Rajashekhar, A. Sunil Kumar
Water Quality, Alkaline, Nutrient Levels, Mesotrphic, Veeranna Cheruvu.
- Adoni A. D. (1975); Studies on microbiology of Sagar lake. Ph.D. Thesis, Sagar University, Sagar, India 216 pp
- Adoni, A.D., Joshi, G., Gosh, K., Chaurasia,S.K., Vashya, A.K.,Yadav Manoj and Verma H. G. (1985); Workbook on limnology. Pratibha Publishers C-10, Gour Nagar, Sagar-470003, India
- asavaraja et al., 2011, Analysis of Water Quality Using Physico-chemical Parameters Hosahali Tank in Shimoga district Karnataka, India. Global Journal of Science Frontier Research, Volume 11 Issue 3 Version 1.0 May 2011.
- Carter G. S. (1960); Tropical climates and Biology, Nature (Lond), 187, p.843
- Chinna Pujari, Ramesh and Gundala Harold Philip.,2015, Analysis of Water Quality Parameters of Lakshmipuram tank, Anantapuram (d), Andhra Pradesh, India. Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol. 5(4), 26-32.
- Guidelines for Water Quality Management for Fish Culture in Tripur Publication No.29 Year-2007- ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Tripura Cent
- Hemalatha et al., 2014, Diversity of infaunal macrobenthic community in the intertidal zone of Vellar estuary (Southeast coast of India), International Journal of Marine Science, Vol.4, No.47 1-11 (doi: 10.5376/ijms.2014.04.0047)
- Hulyal S.B. and Kaliwal B.B. (2011); Seasonal Variations in Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Almatti Reservoir of Bijapur district, Karnataka State, IJEP Vol.1 No.1 PP.58-67
- ICMR (1975); “Manual of standards of quality for drinking water supplies”, Inidan Council of Medical Research Rep., 44, p. 27.
- ISI (1991). Indian standard specification for drinking water. IS : 10500, Indian Standard Institution, pp. 1-5.
- Kamble, S. M.; Kamble A. H. and Narke S. Y., (2009) Study of physico-chemical parameters of Ruti dam, Tq. Ashti, dist. Beed, Maharashtra. J. Aqua. Biol. 24(2): 86-89.
- Karanth, K.R. (1987) Groundwater Assessment Development and Management Tata McGraw Hill publishing company Ltd., New Delhi, 725p
- Subba Rao D. and Govind B. V. (1964); Hydrology of Tungabhadra reservoir. Indian J. Fish., 11(1): 321–344.
- Tiwari, R.N., Dubey, D.P. and Bharti, S.L. (2009). Hydrogeochemistry and groundwater quality in Beehar River Basin, Rewa district, Madhya Pradesh, India. Inter. Jour. Earth Eng. Sci., v.2(4), pp. 324-330.
- WHO (1984). Guidelines for drinking water quality v. I Recommendations. World Health Organization Geneva. 130p.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 275-279
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184166
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
C. Nagaraju, A. V. Rajashekhar, A. Sunil Kumar, "Preliminary Studies on Water Quality Assessment of Veeranna Cheruvu, Hasnapur, Mahabubnagar District, Telangana State, India", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.275-279, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184166