Home > Archives > IJSRST18418
Investigation on microstructural and mechanical properties of HVOF sprayed Inconel-718 coatings on grey cast iron
Authors(4) :-Hitesh Vasudev, Harmeet Singh, Lalit Thakur, Jasmaninder Singh Grewal
In the present work Inconel-718 powder was deposited on grey cast with High velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) thermal spray coating technique. The thickness of coating was kept 220Âµm with powder having average particle size of 45Âµm. The deposited coating was characterized with Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) equipped with Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) and Optical Microscope (OM). Microstructure analysis reveals the splat by splat formation of coating with good mechanical keying to the substrate. Further the microhardness was investigated and it was found that the microhardness of Inconel-718 coatings is (567Hv) significantly 2.5 times higher than base material microhardness (229Hv).
Hitesh Vasudev, Harmeet Singh, Lalit Thakur, Jasmaninder Singh Grewal
Inconel-718, Grey cast iron, High Velocity Oxy-fuel.
- Grewal H.S,? SinghH, Agrawal,A Microstructural and mechanical characterization of thermal sprayed?? nickel?alumina? composite coatings, Surface and Coatings Technology, 216, (2013) 78-92.
- N.Jegadeeswaran, M.R. Ramesh, U.KBhat, Oxidation Resistance HVOF Sprayed Coating 25%(Cr3C2-25 (Ni20Cr)+ 75% NiCrAlY on Titanium Alloy. Procedia Materials Science, 5, (2014)11-20.
- J. K. N. Murthy, & B.Venkataraman, Abrasive wear behaviour of WC?CoCr and Cr3C2 ?20 (NiCr) deposited by HVOF and detonation spray processes. Surface and Coatings Technology, 200(8), (2006) 2642-2652.
- Milanti, V. Matikainen,G. Bolelli, H. Koivuluoto, L. Lusvarghi,? P. Vuoristo,? Microstructure and Sliding Wear Behavior of Fe-Based Coatings Manufactured with HVOF and HVAF Thermal Spray Processes. Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, 25(5), (2016)1040-1055.
- M. S.Priyan, P.Hariharan, Micro abrasive wear resistance of FeSiNiCr alloy coating deposited by HVOF coating. International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering, 7(3), (2013) 250-268.
- M. Ksiazek, L. Boron ,M. Radecka, M Richert, A. Tchorz, Mechanical and Tribological Properties of HVOF-Sprayed (Cr3C2-NiCr+ Ni) Composite Coating on Ductile Cast Iron. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 25(8), (2016) 3185-3193.
- N.Rana, V.N. Shukla, R. Jayaganthan, S.Prakash, and Degradation Studies of Micro and Nanocrystalline NiCrAlY Coatings for High Temperature Corrosion Protection. Procedia Engineering, 75, (2014) 118-122.
- B.Rajasekaran,? S. G. S Raman, S.V Joshi, G. Sundararajan, Effect of grinding on plain fatigue and fretting fatigue behaviour of detonation gun sprayed Cu?Ni?In coating on Al?Mg?Si alloy. International journal of fatigue, 31(4), (2009) 791-796.
- H.Singh, B.S Sidhu, Erosion Characteristics of HVOF Developed Cr3C2-NiCr and WC-Co Coatings. In Materials Science Forum Trans Tech Publications,751, (2013)? pp. 71-79.
- H. Singh, M. Kaur, S. Prakash, High-Temperature Exposure Studies of HVOF-Sprayed Cr3C2-25 (NiCr)/(WC-Co) Coating. Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, 25(6), (2016) 1192-1207
- L.Singh, V. Chawla, J.S Grewal, A review on detonation gun sprayed coatings. JMMCE, 11, (2012) 243-265.
- C.P.Shukla, Y.Jayaganthan, Surface Engineering Analysis of Plasma Sprayed Inconel Coating under High Temperature Oxidation. International Journal of Surface Engineering & Materials Technology, 4(1), (2014) 44-49B.Somasundaram, R.Kadoli, M.R. Ramesh, C.S.Ramesh, High temperature corrosion behaviour of HVOF sprayed WC-CrC-Ni coatings. International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering, 10(4), (2016) 400-413
- G.Sundararajan, D.Sen, G.Sivakumar, The tribological behaviour of detonation sprayed coatings: the???? importance of coating process parameters. Wear, 258(1), (2005) 377-391.
- Vasudev,H.,Thakur,L.,Singh,H.,(2017).A Review on Tribi-Corrossion of Coatings In Glass Manufacturing Industry And Performance of Coating Techniques Against High Temperature Corrosion And Wear .i-managers Journal on Material Science,5(3),38-48.
- Vasudev,H., Thakur,L., Bansal,A.: Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Production and Industrial Engineering ,National Institute of Technology, Jallandhar, 2016, p.188.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 33-37
Manuscript Number : IJSRST18418
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Hitesh Vasudev, Harmeet Singh, Lalit Thakur, Jasmaninder Singh Grewal, "Investigation on microstructural and mechanical properties of HVOF sprayed Inconel-718 coatings on grey cast iron", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.33-37, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST18418