Home > Archives > IJSRST184189
Detection and Estimation of Adulteration in Oil Sample Using Digital Image Processing
Authors(2) :-Neha S. Dhande, Rupesh D. Sushir
Now-a-days adulteration can cause several health and safety problem. Many techniques such as chromatographic and spectroscopic method have recently been employed to check the purity of oil. For most vegetable oil adulteration detection research methods, it remains difficult to popularize due to the fact that the application of experimental facility needs professional to operate; and it is usually expensive. Hence to solve this problem method is proposed. This project describes the development of an image processing algorithm, which can estimate the amount of adulteration oil sample from a captured photo. The algorithm is implemented into an application for modern smart phone where the user can measure the quality of a sample of oil only by taking photo of the sample. Then any other mixture of oil can be identified using the derived model and the methodology, which is based on color model based segmentation.
Neha S. Dhande, Rupesh D. Sushir
Oil sample, adulteration, image processing, color model segmentation.
- Anna Dankowska, Quantifying seed oil adulteration in extra virgin olive oil by multiple linear regression analysis of fatty acid profile ,143-149.
- Aasima Rafiq, Hital A Makroo, Poonam Sachdeva and Savita Sharma, Application of computer vision system in food processing,1197-1205
- Consuelo Lopez-Diez, Giorgio Bianchi Rapid quantitative assessment of the adulteration of virgin olive oil with hazelnut oil using Raman spectroscopy and chemometrics? Consuelo Lopez-Diez,6145-615.
- Abdelkhalek Oussama, Fatitha Elabadi, Stefan Platikanov Detection of olive oil adulteration using FT-IR spectroscopy and PLS with variable importance of projection scores, 1807-1812.
- Peng He, Xiaoqing Wan, Chenglin Wang and Yingpu Jiao Determination of animal oil added in vegetable oil by standard chemical method coupled with image texture analysis technology,67-80
- Van Dalen, G., Determination of the size distribution and percentage of broken kernels of rice using flatbed scanning and image analysis, Food Res. Int. 37? 51?58.
- Angerosa, F., Campestre, C., Giansante, L. Analysis and authentication. In Olive oil: Chemistry and technology (D.Boskou.ed.) AOCS Press, pp. 113-172
- S. Westland, C. Ripamonti, and V. Cheung, Computational Colour Science Using MATLAB. John Wiley & Sons.
- Maggio, R.M., L. Cerretani, E. Chiavaro, T. S. Kaufman and A. Bendin, ‘Anovel chemometric strategy for the estimation of extra virgin olive oil adulteration with edible oils’, pp. 890?895.
- Blanch, G. P.; Caja, M. D.; del Castillo, M. L. R.; Herraiz, M.Comparison of different methods for the evaluation of the authenticity of olive oil and hazelnut oil. J. Agric. Food Chem., 3153-3157.
- de Melo Milanez, D.K.T. and Coelho Pontes, M.J. Classification of extra virgin olive oil and verification of adulteration using digital images and discriminates analysis, Anal. Methods 8839-8846.
- R. Lukac and K. N. Plataniotis, Color Image Processing: Methods and Applications. CRC Press.
- R. W. G. Hunt and M. R. Pointer, Measuring Color. John Wiley & Sons.
- S. Westland, C. Ripamonti, and V. Cheung, Computational Color Science Using MATLAB john Wiley & son.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 244-250
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184189
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Neha S. Dhande, Rupesh D. Sushir, "Detection and Estimation of Adulteration in Oil Sample Using Digital Image Processing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.244-250, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184189