Home > Archives > IJSRST184519
Chronic toxicity of dairy effluent on biochemical constituents of fish, Blue gourami (Trichogaster trichopterus)
Authors(2) :-S. Nishra Banu, C.M. Noorjahan
Water is one of the most important requirements of all living beings for performing essential life functions and is considered as a precious natural resources.Industrial waste has been increased tremendously. The dairy industry is an important food industry which presents materially to fluid wastes. Hence an investigation had been carried out to estimate biochemical constituents present in different organs of fish, blue gourami (Trichogastertrichopterus). The result of impact of industry treated dairy effluent on biochemical constituents present in different organs such as gills, liver and muscle of fish, blue gourami revealed that gills was the most affected organ which showed decreased amount of biochemical constituents than that of liver and muscle of fish and among the biochemical constituents, carbohydrates was decreased drastically than lipid and proteins.
S. Nishra Banu, C.M. Noorjahan
Industry treated dairy effluent, biochemical constituents, fresh water fish, blue gourami (Trichogaster trichopterus), gills, liver and muscle.
- Arora, M.P., 2001. Ecology. IV Edition, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi, 101-111.
- Barnes, H. and Blackstock, Z.J., 1973. Estimation of lipids in marine and tissue. Detailed investigation of the phosphovanillin method for total lipids. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 12:103 -118.
- Dhanam, S., 2009. Effect of dairy effluent on seed germination, seedling growth and biochemical Parameters, Botany Research International, 2(2):61-63.
- Gijare, S.S. and Tantarpale, V.T., 2014. Effect of cypermethrin on lipid and cholesterol content of freshwater fish Channa orientalis (Bloch), Ind. J. Research, 3(8) : 200-201.
- Hyalij, M.T., 2013. Effect of sugar factory effluent on glycogen, protein and free amino acid content in tissue of the fish Lepiodo cephalusthermalis, Journal of Environmental Research and Development., 7(3):1228-1230.
- Joseph, K., 1995. Pollution control in dairy industry paper presented at Tamil Nadu, veterinary and animal sciences university at veterinary college on 10th Oct, sponsored by institute of food and dairy technology Tamil Nadu, Pollution Control Board 1995.
- Kulkarni, G.P.P and M.S Dharwadkar, 1998. Effect of dairy effluent on biochemical parameters of wheat seeds and fish : Proc. Acad. Environ. Biol., 7:57-60.
- Lakshmanan, S., Rajendran, A. and Sivasubranmaniyan, C., 2013. Impact of Dichlorvos on tissue glucogen and protein content in freshwater fingerlings, Oreochromis mossambicus (peters), International Journal of Research in Environmental Science and Technology, 3(1) :19-25.
- Lowry, O.H., Rosenbrough N.J., Farr A.L and Randall R.J., 1951. Protein measurement with the Folin-phenol reagent, J. Biol. Chem., 193: 265 -273.
- Pechiammal, K. and Vasanthi, J., 2017. Impact of detergent tide on the biochemical parameters of the freshwater fish, Labeo rohita. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 6(6):1381-1388.
- Seifter, S., Dayton, S., Novie, B. and Muntwyler, E., 1950. The estimation of glycogen with the anthrone reagent, Arch, Biochem. Biophy., 25(1):191-200.
- Veeriah, K., SrinivasRao, P., Symyuktha Rani, A. and Dhilleswarao, H., 2013. Changes in biochemical parameters of freshwater fish Labeorohita exposed to Lethal and Sublethal concentrations of Indoxacarb, Int. J. Bioassays, 02(10):1382-1387.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 270-275
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184519
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. Nishra Banu, C.M. Noorjahan, "Chronic toxicity of dairy effluent on biochemical constituents of fish, Blue gourami (Trichogaster trichopterus)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.270-275, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184519