Home > Archives > IJSRST184531
Improving Usability of Password Management with Storage Optimized Honeyword Generation
Authors(2) :-N. Sivaji, Dr. K. S. Yuvaraj
Among the cutting edge security dangers on password based validation procedures, the brute forcealgorithm is the one that plays out the reversal of hash esteems. A few advances have been produced for the algorithm of brute force in the reversal attack. This risk can be moderated by identifying the password splitting with the Honeyword based confirmation protocol. Despite the fact that different existing procedures have a few restrictions, for example, stockpiling overhead, weak DoS resistivity and various framework weaknesses. To defeat these current disadvantages, a novel honeyword age approach with the imitation information system is proposed in this work. The Paired Distance Protocol is utilized as a part of this work and executed for assessing the proposed procedure. The execution of the proposed methods is contrasted and the current procedures and furnishes better outcomes in the security with lessened capacity overhead and capacity cost.
N. Sivaji, Dr. K. S. Yuvaraj
Authentication, Password, Inversion Attack, Honeyword, Paired Distance.
- J. Galbally, I. Coisel, and I. Sanchez, "A New Multimodal Approach for Password Strength Estimation?Part I: Theory and Algorithms,"IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 12, pp. 2829-2844, 2017.
- H. Kumar, S. Kumar, R. Joseph, D. Kumar, S. K. S. Singh, and P. Kumar, "Rainbow table to crack password using MD5 hashing algorithm," in Information & Communication Technologies (ICT), 2013 IEEE Conference on, 2013, pp. 433-439.
- J. Ma, W. Yang, M. Luo, and N. Li, "A study of probabilistic password models," in Security and Privacy (SP), 2014 IEEE Symposium on, 2014, pp. 689-704.
- S. Ji, S. Yang, T. Wang, C. Liu, W.-H. Lee, and R. Beyah, "Pars: A uniform and open-source password analysis and research system," in Proceedings of the 31st Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, 2015, pp. 321-330.
- S. M. Segreti, B. Ur, L. Bauer, and N. Christin, "Designing Password Policies for Strength and Usability," ed: TISSEC, 2016.
- H.-C. Chou, H.-C. Lee, H.-J. Yu, F.-P. Lai, K.-H. Huang, and C.-W. Hsueh, "Password cracking based on learned patterns from disclosed passwords,"IJICIC, 2013.
- I. Erguler, "Some Remarks on Honeyword Based Password-Cracking Detection,"IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, vol. 2014, p. 323, 2014.
- S. Yang, S. Ji, and R. Beyah, "DPPG: A Dynamic Password Policy Generation System,"IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2017.
- A. Juels and R. L. Rivest, "Honeywords: Making password-cracking detectable," in Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGSAC conference on Computer & communications security, 2013, pp. 145-160.
- S. Ji, S. Yang, X. Hu, W. Han, Z. Li, and R. Beyah, "Zero-sum password cracking game: A large-scale empirical study on the crackability, correlation, and security of passwords,"IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 14, pp. 550- 564, 2017.
- B. Ur, S. M. Segreti, L. Bauer, N. Christin, L. F. Cranor, S. Komanduri, et al., "Measuring Real-World Accuracies and Biases in Modeling Password Guessability," in USENIX Security Symposium, 2015, pp. 463-481.
- M. H. Almeshekah, C. N. Gutierrez, M. J. Atallah, and E. H. Spafford "Ersatzpasswords: Ending password cracking and detecting password leakage," in Proceedings of the 31st Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, 2015, pp. 311-320.
- A. L.-F. Han, D. F. Wong, and L. S. Chao, "Password cracking and countermeasures in computer security: A survey,"arXiv preprint arXiv:1411.7803, 2014.
- S. Houshmand, S. Aggarwal, and R. Flood, "Next gen PCFG password cracking,"IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 10, pp. 1776-1791, 2015.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 55-60
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184531
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
N. Sivaji, Dr. K. S. Yuvaraj, "Improving Usability of Password Management with Storage Optimized Honeyword Generation ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.55-60, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184531