Home > Archives > IJSRST184534
Growth, Spectral,Thermal, Second and Third-Order Nonlinear Optical Properties on L-Malic Acid Doped Ammonium Dihydrogen Phosphate (ADP) Single Crystals
Authors(3) :-S. Arulmani, K. Deepa, S. Senthil
Ammonium dihydrogen phosphate (ADP) crystals were grown with L-malic acid as an additive in 0.2% molar percentage by slow evaporation method at room temperature. Addition of Amino acid has increased the quality of the crystals and also yields highly transparent defect free crystals. Powder XRD analysis reveals that the crystalline perfection of L-malic acid doped crystals is extremely good without having any internal structural grain boundaries. A Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) study confirms the functional groups of the crystals. The second harmonic generation efficiency of the crystals was determined by NLO studies. The UV-visible study confirms the wide optical transmittance window for the doped crystals imperative for optoelectronics applications. TG/DTA analyses were carried out to characterize the melting behavior and stability of the title compound. Intensity can be observed from the photoluminescence study. The close and open aperture Z-scan configuration has been used to evaluate the nature of third order nonlinear optical refraction (n2) and absorption (β) for the grown LTADP single crystal.
S. Arulmani, K. Deepa, S. Senthil
Powder XRD, FTIR, NLO, UV-vis spectroscopy, TG/DTA, Photoluminescence and Z-scan Studies.
- D. Xu and D. Xu, Journal of Crystal Growth, 310 (2008) 7-9.
- Delcie Zion, Shyamala Devarajan, Thayumanavan, Arunachalam, Journal of Crystallization Process and Technology. 3 (2013)5-11.
- N.Indumathi,? K. Deepa,? S. Senthil International Journal Of Engineering Development And Research 5 (2017)560-564
- E. Chinnasamy, N. Indumathi, K. Deepa, J Madhavan, and S Senthil,? Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences 8(3) (2017)2030
- A.Venkatesan, S. Arulmani, S. Senthil, M. E. Rajasaravanan, Mechanics, Materials Science & Engineering? 5 (2017)480-484
- Redrothu Hanumantharaoa, S. Kalainathana, G. Bhagavannarayanab, U. Madhusoodanan, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 103 (2013) 388?399.
- Suresh Sagadevan , American Journal of Optics and Photonics 2(3) (2014) 24-27.
- R.N. Shaikha, Mohd. Anisa, M.D. Shirsatb, S.S. Hussaini, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 13 (2008) 1243-1248.
- A. Silambarasan, P. Rajesh, P. Ramasamy, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 134 (2015) 345?349.
- N.R. Rajagopalan, P. Krishnamoorthy, K. Jayamoorthy a, Muthu Austeria d, Karbala International Journal of Modern Science.23 (2016)7-9
- R.N. Shaikha, Mohd. Anisa, M.D. Shirsatb, S.S. Hussaini, Spectrochimica Acta Part aMolecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 81 (2011) 386.
- B.C. Hemaraju, M.A. Ahlam, N. Pushpa, K.M. Mahadevan, A.P. Gnana Prakash, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 15 (2015) 1386-1425.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 184-189
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184534
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. Arulmani, K. Deepa, S. Senthil, "Growth, Spectral,Thermal, Second and Third-Order Nonlinear Optical Properties on L-Malic Acid Doped Ammonium Dihydrogen Phosphate (ADP) Single Crystals", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.184-189, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184534