Home > Archives > IJSRST1845345
Dual Inverter Control Strategy for Open Ended Winding Motor Drive Applications
Authors(2) :-K. Hemadri, Dr. S. Mallikarjunaiah
This paper shows a dual three stage open end winding inductionmotor drive. The drive comprises of a three stage induction machine with open stator stage windings and dual extension inverter provided from a single DC voltage source. To accomplish multi-level output voltage waveforms a floating capacitor bank is utilized for the second of the dual extensions. The capacitor voltage is controlled utilizing excess switching states at half of the principle dc interface voltage. The primary controller (master controller) is designed as a Fuzzy logic controller. This specific voltage proportion (2:1) is utilized to make a multi-level output voltage waveform with three levels. An altered modulation conspire is utilized to enhance the waveform nature of this dual inverter. This paper likewise thinks about the losses in dual inverter system conversely with single sided three-level NPC converter. At last, point by point simulation and experimental comes about are exhibited for the motor drive working as an open loop v/f controlled motor drive and as a shut loop field orientedmotor controller.
K. Hemadri, Dr. S. Mallikarjunaiah
Field oriented control, floating bridge, Open End Winding Induction Machine (OEWIM), space vector.
- P Wheeler, L. Xu, L. MengYeong, L. Empringham, C. Klumpner, and J. Clare, "A review of Multi-level Matrix Converter topologies," IET Conf. on Power Electron., Machines and Drives PEMD, pp. 286-290, 2008.
- J Rodriguez, L. Jih-Sheng, and P. Fang Zheng, "Multilevel inverters: a survey of topologies, controls, and applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 49, pp. 724-738, 2002.
- J Rodriguez, S. Bernet, P. K. Steimer, and I. E. Lizama, "A Survey on Neutral-Point-Clamped Inverters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, pp. 2219-2230, 2010.
- M Malinowski, K. Gopakumar, J. Rodriguez, and M. A. Perez, "A Survey on Cascaded Multilevel Inverters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, pp. 2197-2206, 2010.
- D Janik, T. Kosan, P. Kamenicky, and Z. Peroutka, "Universal precharging method for dc-link and flying capacitors of four-level Flying Capacitor Converter," IEEE Conf. on Ind. Electron. Soc. IECON, pp. 6322-6327, 2013.
- E C. dos Santos, F. Gulpinar, and E. R. C. da Silva, "Flying capacitor four-level H-Bridge converter," Power and Energy Conf. at Illinois PECI, pp. 1-6, 2014.
- E Levi, "Multiphase Electric Machines for Variable-Speed Applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, pp. 1893-1909, 2008.
- S Kouro, J. Rodriguez, W. Bin, S. Bernet, and M. Perez, "Powering the Future of Industry: High-Power Adjustable Speed Drive Topologies," IEEE Industry App. Mag., vol. 18, pp. 26-39, 2012.  F. Betin, G. A. Capolino, D. Casadei, B. Kawkabani, R. I. Bojoi, L. Harnefors, et al., "Trends in Electrical Machines Control: Samples for Classical, Sensorless, and Fault-Tolerant Techniques," IEEE Ind. Electron. Mag., vol. 8, pp. 43-55, 2014.
- F. Meinguet, N. Ngac-Ky, P. Sandulescu, X. Kestelyn, and E. Semail, "Fault-tolerant operation of an open-end winding five-phase PMSM drive with inverter faults," IEEE Conf. on Ind. Electron. Soc. IECON, pp. 5191-5196, 2013.
- N. Ertugrul, W. Soong, G. Dostal, and D. Saxon, "Fault tolerant motor drive system with redundancy for critical applications," IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf. PESC, pp. 1457-1462 vol.3, 2002.
- O. A. Taha and M. Pacas, "Hardware implementation of balance control for three-phase grid bridgeion 5-level Cascaded H-Bridge converter using DSP," IEEE Int. Symp. Ind. Electron. ISIE, pp. 1366-1371, 2014.
April Fools Day is coming. Prank your friends opening a never ending fake update screen on their computer. Sit back and watch their reaction.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 151-160
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1845345
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
K. Hemadri, Dr. S. Mallikarjunaiah, "Dual Inverter Control Strategy for Open Ended Winding Motor Drive Applications", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.151-160, March-April-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1845345