Home > Archives > IJSRST184542
Integrated Mine Safety Alerting System Using IOT with GSM
Authors(4) :-Ramesh V, Gokulakrishnan V J, Saravanan R, Manimaran R
With continuous enlarging of exploiting areas and extension of depth in coal mine, many laneways become monitoring blind areas, where are lots of hidden dangers. Moreover, it is inconvenient to lay cables which are expensive and consume time. Miners working at high altitude must handle extreme climatic and physiological hazards without specialized medical supervision. An embedded system is a special-purpose system in which the computer is completely encapsulated by the device it controls. A data logger is an embedded system device. In addition to commonly described embedded systems based on small computers, new classes of miniature wireless devices called motes are quickly gaining popularity as the field of wireless sensor networking rises. An Embedded System is a combination of Hardware and Software that may have some mechanical components to perform specific tasks. This project presents the design and implementation of a continuous monitoring device to measure the physiological variables of miners at high altitudes with wireless communication, safety monitoring.
Ramesh V, Gokulakrishnan V J, Saravanan R, Manimaran R
Coal mine safety system, GSM, IOT, Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
- Aarti Rao Jaladi, Karishma Khithani, Pankaja Pawar, Kiran Malvi, Gauri Sahoo-"Environmental Monitoring Using Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) based on IOT" Volume: 04 Issue: 01 Jan -2017
- Pournima S. Sawai, C. Satyanarayana Professors, Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering-"Development of a WSN Framework for Mining & Civil Safety Monitoring Purposes" 2016
- Wu Li Song, Jing Qiao -"Research of Mine-shaft Wireless Sensor Network Based on Agent" on International Conference on Education, Management, Commerce and Society, 2015.
- Moridi Mohammad Ali, Kawamura Youhei, Sharifzadeh Mostafa, Chanda Emmanuel Knox, Wagner Markus, Jang Hyongdoo, Okawa Hirokazu -"Development of underground mine monitoring and communication system integrated ZigBee and GIS" on International Journal of Mining Science and Technology 2015.
- Shilpa Lande, Prof.Matte P.N -"Coal Mine Monitoring System for Rescue and Protection using ZigBee" on International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Volume 4 Issue 9, September 2015.
- Pranoti Anandrao Salankar, Sheeja S. Suresh -"Zigbee Based Underground Mines Parameter Monitoring System for Rescue and Protection" on IOSR Journal of VLSI and Signal Processing (IOSR-JVSP) Volume 4, Issue 4, Ver. I Jul-Aug. 2014.
- Sharul Agrawal, Mr. Ravi Prakash, Prof. Zunnun Narmawala-"Implementation of WSN which can simultaneously monitor Temperature conditions and control robot for positional accuracy" 2014.
- Yu Zhang, Wei Yang, Dongsheng Han and Young-I Kim -"An Integrated Environment Monitoring System for Underground Coal Mines-Wireless Sensor Network Subsystem with Multi-Parameter Monitoring" on Sensors 2014
- Mohit Kumar, Mohnish Sharma, Rishabh Narayan, Sumit Joshi, Sanjay Kumar -"Zigbee Based Parameter Monitoring and Controlling System for Induction Machine" on Conference on Advances in Communication and Control Systems 2013.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 200-206
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184542
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ramesh V, Gokulakrishnan V J, Saravanan R, Manimaran R, "Integrated Mine Safety Alerting System Using IOT with GSM", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.200-206, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184542