Home > Archives > IJSRST184543
Brain Controlled Wheel Chair
Authors(6) :-Prof. Amol Bhujade, Nishat Q Sheikh, Kajal R Kalamkar, Riya A Sangole, Sanjivani D Lute, Sheetal N Giradkar
Improving the quality of life for the elderly and disabled people and giving them the proper care at the right time is one the most important roles that are to be performed by us being a responsible member of the society. It’s not easy for the disabled and elderly people to maneuver a mechanical wheelchair, which many of them normally use for locomotion. Hence there is a need for designing a wheelchair that is intelligent and provides easy maneuverability. In this context, an attempt has been made to propose a thought controlled wheelchair, which uses the captured signals from the brain and eyes and processes it to control the wheelchair. Electroencephalography (EEG) technique deploys an electrode cap that is placed on the user’s scalp for the acquisition of the EEG signals which are captured and translated into movement commands by the arduino microcontroller which in turn move the wheelchair. Keywords – Neuroscience, Brain Computer Interface (BCI), EEG, Micro-controller.
Prof. Amol Bhujade, Nishat Q Sheikh, Kajal R Kalamkar, Riya A Sangole, Sanjivani D Lute, Sheetal N Giradkar
EEG, BCI, Joystick, Tactile Screen, BMI
- Imran ali mirza, Amiya Tripathy, Sejal chopra, Michelle D'sa, Kartik Rajgopalan, Alson D'sauja,Nikhil Sharma, "Mind-Controlled Wheelchair using EEG Headset and "Arduino Microcontroller", IEEE,2015.
- Pravin m Shinde, Vaishali S Jabade. "Literaturer Brain computer interface usin Electroencephalogram signal" Imran Ali Mirza, Amiya Tripathy, Sejal Chopra, Michelle D'Sa, Kartik Rajagopalan, Alson D'Souza, Nikhil Sharma. Mind-Controlled Wheelchair using EEG Headset and "Arduino Microcontroller, IEEE,2015
- Pinos Eduardo, Guevara Daniel, Fátima López, Electroencephelographic Signals Acquisition for the Movement of a Wheelchair prototype in a BCI System, IEEE,2015.
- Brice Rebsamen, Cuntai Guan, Senior Member Haihong Zhang, Chuanchu Wang Cheeleong Teo, Marcelo H. Ang, Jr. Etienne Burdet, .A Brain Controlled Wheel chair to Navigate in Familiar Environments, IEEE, 2010.
- Brice Rebsamen, Etienne Burdet, Cuntai Guan, Haihong Zhang, Chee Leong Teo, Qiang Zeng, Marcelo Ang and Christian Laugier. A Brain Controlled Wheel chair Based on P300 and Path Guidance, IEEE 2006.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 44-46
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184543
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prof. Amol Bhujade, Nishat Q Sheikh, Kajal R Kalamkar, Riya A Sangole, Sanjivani D Lute, Sheetal N Giradkar , "Brain Controlled Wheel Chair", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.44-46, March-April-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184543