Home > Archives > IJSRST1845449
Performance Analysis of Energy-Aware Load Adaptive Schemes for Optical Communication Networks
Authors(2) :-S. Mathu Mohan, Dr. P. N. K. Sakthivel
Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) is one of the new paradigms which is helping for sharing and disseminating data in the Sensor Networks. Extended Network Lifetime, Scalability, and Traffic Balancing among the Nodes in the Network are significant requirements and challenges for Wireless Sensor Networks which requirements are achieved by clustering that is one of the effectual techniques for achieving these requirements. This research work identifies a few popular Energy Efficient Clustering Protocols namely i. Switch-On, ii. Load Adaptive Sequence Arrangement-Fixed Minimal Transmission Time (LASA-FMT) and iii. Internet Protocol/ Wavelength-Division-Multiplex (IP-WDM) for analysis and studied thoroughly. From the experimental results, it was noticed that the Switch-On model is performing well in term of Routers/ Throughput but however it fails to achieve Throughput, Router Utilization and it is also consuming more Power. The LASA-FMT is outperforming in term of Throughput and the IP-WDM model is outperforming in terms of Router Utilization and Power Consumption, but however this model was incompetent to achieve Throughput.
S. Mathu Mohan, Dr. P. N. K. Sakthivel
Clustering, Energy Efficiency, Fuzzy Logic, Residual Energy, Ring Routing, Routing Technique, Wireless Sensor Networks
- Marcel Caria,Mohit Chamania,and Admela Jukan,"A Comparative Performance Study of Load Adaptive Energy Saving Schemes for IP-Over- WDM Networks," Journal of Optical Communication Network, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2012.
- Yunxin Lv, Ning Jiang, Kun Qiu, and Chenpeng Xue, "Energy-Efficient Load Adaptive Polling Sequence Arrangement Scheme for Passive Optical Access Networks," Journal of Optical Communication Network, Vol. 7, No. 6, June 2015.
- Yoontae Kim, Chankyun Lee, June-Koo Kevin Rhee, Member, IEEE, and Sangyoum Lee, "IP-Over- WDM Cross-Layer Design for Green Optical Networking With Energy Proportionality Consideration," Journal Of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 30, No. 13, July 1, 2012.
- Annual Cisco Visual Networking Index Forecast Projects Global IP Traffic to Increase More Than Fourfold by 2014, Cisco Press Release Online]. Availble: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2010/ prod_060210.html.
- W. Fisher, M. Suchara, and J. Rexford, "Greening backbone networks: reducing energy consumption by shutting off cables in bundled links," in ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Green Networking 2010, New York, Aug. 2010.
- A. Coiro, M. Listanti, A. Valenti, and F. Matera, "Reducing power consumption in wavelength routed networks by selective switch off of optical links," IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 428-436, Apr. 2011.
- F. Farahmand, I. Cerutti, M. M. Hasan, and J. P. Jue, "Energy-efficiency of drop-and-continue traffic grooming," in Optical Fiber Communication Conf., 2011.
- C. Lange, D. Kosiankowski, A. Betker, H. Simon, N. Bayer, D. Hugo, H. Lehmann, and A. Gladisch, "Energy efficiency of load-adaptively operated telecommunication networks," J. Lightwave Technol., vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 571-590, Feb. 2014.
- Y. Lv, N. Jiang, K. Qiu, and C. Xue, "Study on the energyefficient scheme based on the interconnection of opticalnetwork-units for next generation optical access network," Opt. Commun., vol. 332, pp. 114-118, Dec. 2014.
- M. P. I. Dias and E. Wong, "Sleep/doze controlled dynamic bandwidth allocation algorithms for energy-efficient passive optical networks," Opt. Express, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 9931-9946, Apr. 2013.
- A. Dixit, B. Lannoo, D. Colle, M. Pickavet, and P. Demeester, "ONU power saving modes in next generation optical access networks: Progress, efficiency and challenges," Opt. Express, vol.20, no. 26, pp. B52-B63, Dec. 2012.
- M. S. Bazaraa, J. J. Jarvis, and H. D. Sherali, Linear Programming and Network Flows, 4th ed. New York: Wiley, 2010.
- E.Yetginer, Z. Lieu, and G. N. Rouskas, "RWA inWDMrings:An efficient formulation based on maximal independent set decomposition," in Proc. IEEE LANMAN 2010, Long Branch, NJ, May 2010, pp. 1-7.
- W. V. Heddeghem, W. Vereecken, D. Colle, M. Pickavet, and P. Demeester, "Reduction of the energy footprint in optical networks," in Proc. Int. Conf. Photonics in Switching 2010, Energy Efficient Networking and Systems Workshop, Monterey, CA, Jul. 2010.
- M. Jinno, "Energy and spectrally efficient elastic optical path network: Introducing elasticity and adaptation into optical domain," in Proc. Int. Conf. Photonics in Switching, Energy Efficient Networking and Systems Workshop, Monterey, CA, Jul. 2010.
- J.-K. K. Rhee, C. K. Lee, J. Y. Choi, J. H. Kim, Y. H. Won, and J. S. Choi, "Power and cost reduction by hybrid optical packet switching with shared memory buffering," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 102-110, May 2011.
- S. Zhang, D. Shen, and C. K. Chan, "Energy efficient time-aware traffic grooming in wavelength routing networks," in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM 2010, Miami, Dec. 2010, pp. 1-5.
- M. Xia, M. Tornatore, Y. Zhang, P. Chowdhury, C. U. Martel, and B. Mukherjee, "Green provisioning for opticalWDM networks," IEEE J. Sel. Topics Quantum Electron., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 437- 445, Mar. 2011.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 309-316
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1845449
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. Mathu Mohan, Dr. P. N. K. Sakthivel, "Performance Analysis of Energy-Aware Load Adaptive Schemes for Optical Communication Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.309-316, May-June-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1845449