Home > Archives > IJSRST184545
Review Paper on Finite Element Analysis of (DICOM) Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine Images
Authors(5) :-Prof. Aarti Vaidya, Vijayalaxmi Bonde, Sunita Sherki, Nagma Sheikh, Priti Komrelliwar
Computer Tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are the two most common techniques used to acquire detailed anatomical information in the field of medical imaging. Medical Practitioner requires skills and experience to co-relate these images for the correct diagnosis. Medical practitioner faces difficulty in accessing these images as it not platform independent, these images can be access only at platform where the scanner is attached. Hence, This Proposed System developed a program, which not only overcome these difficulties but also enhances the visualization of the CT scan images as well as facilitates to distinguish the soft tissues and bone tissues clearly thereby minimizing the ambiguity to tackle the problem during image guided surgery. Further it has been attempted to develop the actual computer aided 3 D model from the slices of CT scan images which can be analyzed by Finite Element Method to know the responses at various loading conditions. The resulted information will be helpful for the medical practitioner to suggest proper prevention and precaution to the patients.
Prof. Aarti Vaidya, Vijayalaxmi Bonde, Sunita Sherki, Nagma Sheikh, Priti Komrelliwar
Computer Tomography, Finite Element Analysis, Rapid prototyping, Computer Aided modeling.
- Ashish B. Deoghare 1, P.M.Padole2 "Finite Element Analysis of Three Dimensional Medical Model Generated from CT Scan data." IISc, Bangalore , India, December 12-13, 2007
- M Larobina and Loredana Murino "Medical Image File Formats "December 2014
- The Encyclopedia of Graphics File Formats. http://www.fileformat.info/mirror/egff/(accessed in June 2013)
- Yoshikazu SHIMIZU1, Kazuhiro USUI1, Kouji ARAKI2, Norimasa KUROSAKI1, Hideaki TAKANOBU3,5 and Atsuo TAKANISHI4,5 "Study of Finite Element Modeling from CT Images" d August 2, 2005
- J.J. Timmons on "End-to-end workflow for finite element analysis of tumor treating fields in glioblastomas"In 17 Oct. - 2017
- Hiromitsu Takano, Ikuho Yonezawa1, Mitsugu Todo on "Biomechanical Study of Vertebral Compression Fracture Using Finite Element Analysis" 18 Nov 2017
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 181-183
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184545
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prof. Aarti Vaidya, Vijayalaxmi Bonde, Sunita Sherki, Nagma Sheikh, Priti Komrelliwar, "Review Paper on Finite Element Analysis of (DICOM) Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine Images ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.181-183, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184545