Home > Archives > IJSRST184547
Ranking Frameworks : A Comparative Study
Authors(2) :-Ar Kanchan Garg , Dr. Prof. Prabhjot Kaur
Ranking frameworks and questionnaires are in practice to assess quality of education imparted and to rank institutes on this basis. Accreditations are also given after assessing the quality of education imparted. This paper is discussing and comparing different assessing indicators, their need and outcome of major assessing institutes/organisations such as QS, THE, NIRF, NAAC,NAAB, NCARB, COA etc. Assessment of any field in any organisation to maintain minimum set standards of quality in education creates interest to be superior than others. Ranking frameworks do not only assess and rank the institutes/universities rather provides transparency in front of the students who are looking for admission in the specific field. India had invented many basic concepts such as zero, decimal etc. in its early time. Quality of architectural education needs to be improved to compete at world level. This paper talks in particular about the ranking frameworks regarding architectural education as no exhaustive ranking frameworks are available for the architectural education.
Ar Kanchan Garg , Dr. Prof. Prabhjot Kaur
Ranking Frameworks, Accreditation boards, Course Experience Questionnaire, Quality, Architectural Education
- Murray, P., 2002. "The CEQ: Is it a measure of Architecture program quality" HERSDA 2002, pp 472-480.
- Tombs, S., 2005. "Quality Indicators in the Design of Schools(QIDS): A tool for assessing school design" Evaluating quality in educational facilities2005, OECD/PEB, pp 68-71.
- Tzonis, A., 2014. "A framework for architectural education" Frontiers of Architectural Research , Elsevier, Open access under CC BY-NC-ND, Vol 3, pp 477-479.Websites Referred
- http://archdesign.vt.edu/architecture/naab accessed on 06.08.2017
- http://www.naac.gov.in/index.asp, https://www.nirfindia.org/Home accessed on 05.08.17 accessed on 05.08.17
- http://www.naac.gov.in/index.asp, https://www.nirfindia.org/Home accessed on 05.08.17
- https://planning.curtin.edu.au/mir/ accessed on 05.08.2017
- https://www.britishcouncil.in/about/press/qs-university-rankings-asia-2014, accessed on 06.04.2017
- https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2018, QS World University Ranking 2017, accessed on 03.08.2017
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 305-309
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184547
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ar Kanchan Garg , Dr. Prof. Prabhjot Kaur, "Ranking Frameworks : A Comparative Study", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.305-309, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184547