Home > Archives > IJSRST184548
Comparative Analysis of Adders Parallel-Prefix Adder for Their Area, Delay and Power Consumption
Authors(2) :-Dr. V. Sidharthan, M. Prasannakumar
Parallel Prefix adders have been one of the most notable among more than a few designs proposed in the past. Parallel Prefix adders (PPA) are family of adders derived from the generally known carry look ahead adders. The need for a PPA is that it is mostly fast when compared with Ripple Carry Adders (RCA). The classical parallel prefix adder structures presented in the literature over the years optimize for logic depth, area, and fan-out and interconnect count of logic circuits. In this paper, a comparison of four 8-bit parallel-Prefix adders (Ladner-Fischer Adder (LFA), Kogge-Stone Adder (KSA), Bent-Kang Adder (BKA) and Han-Carlson Adder (HCA)) in their area, delay, power is proposed. In this proposed system Ladner-Fischer adder, Kogge-Stone adder, Bent-Kang adder and Han-Carlson adder, the Parallel Prefix adder are used for comparison. The results reveal that proposed Han-Carlson adder Parallel-Prefix Adder is more competent than other three types of Parallel-Prefix adder in terms of area, delay & power. Simulation results are compared and verified using Xilinx 8.1i software.
Dr. V. Sidharthan, M. Prasannakumar
Parallel-Prefix Adder, Area, Power, Delay
- Pawan Kumar, Jasbir Kaur, "Design of Modified Parallel Prefix Knowles Adder", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume No. 3, Issue No. 7, Page No. 199-202, July 2014.
- P.Chaitanya kumari, R.Nagendra, "Design of 32 bit Parallel Prefix Adders", IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE), Volume No. 6, Issue No. 1, Page No. 01-06, May - June 2013.
- V.N.Sreeramulu, "Design of High Speed and Low Power Adder by using Prefix Tree Structure", International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Volume No. 4, Issue No. 9, September 2015.
- Padmajarani, S.V. M.Muralidhar, "Comparison of Parallel Prefix Adders Performance in an FPGA", International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, Volume No. 3, Issue No. 6, Page No. 62-67, September 2012.
- Babulu, K., Y.Gowthami, "Implementation and Performance Evaluation of Prefix Adders using FPGAs", IOSR Journal of VLSI and Signal Processing, Volume No. 1, Issue No.1 , Page No. 51-57, September-October 2012.
- Sivannarayana Gandikota, Raveendra babu Maddasani and Padmasree CH. "Design and Implementation of Carry Tree Adders using Low Power FPGAs", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology, Page No. 295-299, September 2012.
- R.P Brent & H. T. Kung, "A Regular Layout for Parallel Adders," IEEE Trans. Computers, Volume No. 31, Page No. 260-264, 1982.
- M. M. Ziegler & M. R. Stan, "A Unified Design Space for Regular Parallel Prefix Adders", IEEE Journal of Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition, Volume No. 2, Page No. 1386 - 1387, 2004.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 353-357
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184548
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. V. Sidharthan, M. Prasannakumar, "Comparative Analysis of Adders Parallel-Prefix Adder for Their Area, Delay and Power Consumption", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.353-357, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184548