Home > Archives > IJSRST1845483
Fabrication of Portable Solar Thermo Electric Refrigerator by Liquid Cooling
Authors(2) :-Barmavatu Praveen, Sai Pranay R. P
The increase in demand for refrigeration globally in the field of air-conditioning, food preservation, medical services, vaccine storages, and for electronic components temperature control led to the production of more electricity and consequently an increase in the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere which in turn leads to global warming and many climatic changes. Thermoelectric refrigeration is a new alternative because it can reduce the use of electricity to produce cooling effect and also meet today’s energy challenges. Therefore, the need for thermoelectric refrigeration in developing countries is very high where long life and low maintenance are needed. The objectives of this study is to develop a working thermoelectric refrigerator to cool a volume of 40 L that utilizes the Peltier effect to cool and maintain a selected temperature range of 5 0C to 25 0C. The design requirements are to cool this volume to temperature within a short time and provide retention of at least next half an hour. The design and fabrication of thermoelectric refrigerator for required applications are presented.
Barmavatu Praveen, Sai Pranay R. P
Seebeck Effect, Peltier Effect, Thermoelectric module, Thermosiphon System.
- Manoj S. Raut, Dr.P. V. Walke, “Thermoelectric Air Cooling For Cars”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST), Vol. 4 No.05 May 2012 ,ISSN : 0975-5462.
- Mr. Swapnil B. Patond,“ Experimental Analysis of Solar Operated Thermo-Electric Heating and Cooling System”, International Journal of EngineeringTrends and
- MayankAwasthi and K V Mali, “Design and development of thermoelectric refrigerator”, Int. J. Mech. Eng. & Rob. Res. 2012, Vol. 1, No. 3, October 2012, ISSN 2278 –0149.
- Sabah A. Abdul-Wahab , Ali Elkamel b, Ali M. Al- Damkhi , Hilal S. Al-Rubai’ey, Abdulaziz K. Al-Battashi , Muhammad U. Chutani (2009), Design and experimental investigation of portable solar thermoelectric refrigerator;An International Journal for Renewable Energy.
- Dai YJ, Wang RZ, Ni L;. Experimental investigation and analysis on a thermoelectric refrigerator driven by solar cells. Sol Energy Mater Sol Cells2003
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 248-255
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1845483
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Barmavatu Praveen, Sai Pranay R. P, "Fabrication of Portable Solar Thermo Electric Refrigerator by Liquid Cooling", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.248-255, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1845483