Home > Archives > IJSRST184552
Determinants of Customer Based Brand Equity : A Study of Public and Private Banks
Authors(1) :-Rambabu Lavuri
Now a day's many of the financial institutions and banking sector are using strategic branding for capturing customer attention in long run, so Banks must adopt various types of strategic planning towards develop a positive perception in the minds of customers. For that, developing and implementing customer centric strategies, banks need to provide a consistent strategic brand experience to prevent customer from switch out to other competitive banks. In order to understand customer perception towards banking sector, there is a need to understand customer based brand equity and its major determents. The current research paper deals to identify the various determinants of customer-based brand equity in the banking sector. For this purpose, a structured questionnaire was developed and a sample of 162 respondents was taken from the banks customer of Hyderabad only, and tested by the correlation analysis and multiple regression, Factor Analysis and Independent sample t- test by using SPSS 20.0 Version. Correlation analysis was conducted on the study variables and the results indicated that there are strong, positive and significant relationships between demographical variable and Determinants of CBBE, and The multiple regression results showed that Brand verdict, brand felling and brand performance have significant influence on the banking customers.
Brand equity, Banking sector, Brand verdict, Brand felling, Brand performance, CBBE
- Afsar, B., Rehman, Z., Qureshi, J.A., & Shahjehan, A. (2010). Determinants of customer loyalty in the banking sector: The case of Pakistan. African Journal of Business Management, 4(6), 1040-1047.
- American Marketing Association. (1960). Marketing definitions: A glossary of marketing terms. Retrieved from, Assael, H. (1984). Consumer behaviorand marketing action. Kent Publishing Company.
- Atilgan, E., Safak, A., & Serkan, A. (2005). Determinants of the brand equity: A verification approach in the beverage industry in Turkey. Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 23(3), 237-248.
- Cerri, S. (2012). Measuring consumer-based brand equity—evidence from Albanian banking sector. Management and Marketing Journal, 10(1), 7-19.
- Che, Ha N., & Hashim, S. (2007). Brand equity, customer satisfaction & loyalty: Malaysian banking sector. International Review of Business Research Papers, 3(5), 123-133.
- Dua, S., Chahal, R., & Sharma, A. (2013). Interrelationship of Aaker’s customer based brand equity dimensions: Offering a model to banking sector. Asian Journal of Management Research, 4(2), 297-307.
- Kim, H. B., Gon Kim, W., & An, J. A. (2003). The effect of consumer-based brand equity on firms’ financial performance. Journal of consumer marketing, 20(4), 335-351.
- Norzalita A. & Norjaya Y. (2010). Analyzing the brand equity and resonance of banking services: Malaysian consumer perspective. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 2(2), 180-189.
- Sangeeta Arora, Neha, "Determinants of Customer-based Brand Equity: A Study of Public and Private Banks", Global Business Review,2016, DOI: 10.1177/0972150916645693
- Tiwari, M. (2010). Separation of brand equity and brand value. Global Business Review, 11(3), 421-434.
- Venkatesh, B. (2011). Effect of branding on marketing of banking services in India (PhD thesis). K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 310-322
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184552
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Rambabu Lavuri, "Determinants of Customer Based Brand Equity : A Study of Public and Private Banks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.310-322, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184552