Home > Archives > IJSRST184553
Effect of Superconducting Fault Current Limiter (SFCL) on HVDC Circuit Breaker
Authors(2) :-Babita M. Ghatol, Kavita D. Thakur
In HVDC systems, the used of HVDC circuit breakers have shown successful results. But fault current level has a serious problem in HVDC system because during dc fault interruption Natural zero current is not possible. So artificial zero crossing DC fault current should be somewhat modified with DC current breaking topology. By combining fault current limiter with dc current breaking topology (using black box arc model) is an alternative feasible solution. This paper gives review of application of resistive super conducting fault current (SFCL) for DC circuit breaker (mechanical CB) with DC current breaking topology to estimate the effects of combining fault current limiter on MCB to verify its DC fault current interruption characteristic.
Babita M. Ghatol, Kavita D. Thakur
HVDC, Superconducting Fault Current Limiter, DC Circuit Breaker, Current Interruption
- Jong-Geon Lee, Umer Amir Khan, Ho-Yun Lee, and Bang-Wook Lee "Impact of SFCL on the Four Types of HVDC Circuit Breakers by Simulation" , IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY, VOL. 26, NO. 4, JUNE 2016, 5602606
- Vaishnavi B V, Angelin Suji R S, Trivenishree D P, Nidha Nabi, Sowmya G J "Superconducting Fault Current Limiter & Its Application," International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 7, Issue 5, May-2016
- U. A. Khan et al., "A novel model of HVDC hybrid-type superconducting circuit breaker and its performance analysis for limiting and breaking DC fault current," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 25, no. 6, Dec. 2015,Art. No. 5603009
- Sung-Hun Lim, Hyeong-Joon Ahn, and Changkun Park, "Study on Fault Current Limiting Characteristics of an SFCL Using Magnetic Coupling of Two Coils With Mechanical Switch Driven by Electromagnetic Repulsion Force" IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY, VOL. 24, NO. 3, JUNE 2014
- Steven M. Blair, Campbell D. Booth, and Graeme M. Burt, Member IEEE, "Current-Time Characteristics of Resistive Superconducting Fault Current Limiters", IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Volume: 22, Issue: 2, April 2012
- C. M. Franck, "HVDC circuit breakers: A review identifying future research needs," IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 998-1007,Apr. 2011.
- Badri ram, D N Vishwakarma, "POWER SYSTEM PROTECTION AND SWITCHGEAR ", Department of electrical engineering, bihar college of engineering patna, institute of technology banaras hindu university Varanasi, 19th reprint 2005, ISNB 0074623508
- P. H. Shavemaker , et al., "The arc model blockset," in Proc. 2nd IASTED Euro PES, Crete, Greece, Jun. 2002, pp. 1-5
- K.R. Padiyar, "HVDC POWER TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS (technology and system interactions)", Indian institute of science, Bangalore, 1990. ISBN 81-224-0102-3
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 358-364
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184553
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Babita M. Ghatol, Kavita D. Thakur, "Effect of Superconducting Fault Current Limiter (SFCL) on HVDC Circuit Breaker ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.358-364, March-April-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184553