Home > Archives > IJSRST184558
A Novel Approach in MANETS for Random Linear Network Coding and Broadcasting
Authors(2) :-Bellam Venkatesh, P. S. Naveen Kumar
Broadcast operation, which spreads data arrange wide, is imperative in multi-jump remote systems. Because of the broadcast idea of remote media, not all hubs need to transmit all together for the message to achieve each hub. Past work on broadcast support can be named probabilistic (every hub rebroadcasts a bundle with a given likelihood) or deterministic methodologies (hubs pre-select a couple of neighbors for rebroadcasting). In this project, i demonstrate how organize coding can be connected to a deterministic broadcast approaches, bringing about noteworthy decreases in the quantity of transmissions in the system. I propose two calculations, that depend just on neighborhood two-jump topology data and makes broad utilization of deft tuning in to decrease the quantity of transmissions: 1) a basic XOR-based coding calculation that gives up to 45% additions contrasted with a non-coding methodology and 2) a Reed-Solomon based coding calculation that decides the ideal coding increase achievable for a coding calculation that depends just on nearby data, with picks up to 61% in my reenactments. I likewise demonstrate that my coding-based deterministic approach outflanks the coding-based probabilistic approach exhibited in .
Bellam Venkatesh, P. S. Naveen Kumar
MANETS, Linear Network Coding and Broadcasting, Broadcast Operation, Multi-Jump Remote Systems
- C. Fragouli, J. Widmer, and J. Y. L. Boudec, “A network coding approach to energy efficient broadcasting: from theory to practice,” in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, Apr 2006.
- Z. Haas, J. Halpern, and L. Li, “Gossip-based ad hoc routing,” in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, June 2002.
- K. M. Alzoubi, P. J. Wan, and O. Frieder, “New distributed algorithm for connected dominating set in wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of HICSS, 2002.
- H. Lim and C. Kim, “Flooding in wireless ad hoc networks,” Computer Communications Jmynal, 2001.
- W. Lou and J. Wu, “On reducing broadcast redundancy in ad hoc wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2002.
- R. Ahlside, N. Cai, S. Li, and R. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 2000.
- e. a. D.S. Lun, “Achieving minimum-cost multicast: A decentralized approach based on network coding,” in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, Mar 2005.
- Y. Wu, P. Chou, and S.-Y. Kung, “Minimum-energy multicast in mobile ad hoc networks using network coding,” IEEE Transactions on communications, 2005.
- S. Katti, D. Katabi, W. Hu, H. Rahul, and M. Medard, “The importance of being opportunistic: Practical network coding for wireless environments,” in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, Sep 2006.
- P.S.Naveen Kumar1, Dr P.Harini2 “Scalable Reliable Multicasting in Delay Tolerant Networks with Erasure Correction”.
- S. Ni, Y. Tseng, Y. Chen, and J. Sheu, “The broadcast storm problem in a mobile ad hoc network,” in Proceedings of ACM MOBICOM, 1999.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 60-65
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184558
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Bellam Venkatesh, P. S. Naveen Kumar, "A Novel Approach in MANETS for Random Linear Network Coding and Broadcasting", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.60-65, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184558