Home > Archives > IJSRST184812
Review Study on Application and Use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Academic Libraries
Authors(1) :-Supriya A. Bejalwar
Advances have brought many changes in libraries. Information and communication technology (ICT) provides libraries with new opportunities to improve their resources and services. ICT uses the traditional methods of library activities and services and provides new dimensions for teaching, learning and research in higher educational institutions. With the help of ICT tools, it is possible to store, retrieve, and disseminate information as and when required and finally organizing it systematically by creating websites and databases. Information is now published both electronically and in print making it accessible to users according to their demands. In this paper the review study has been carried out on application of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and use of ICT tools in Academic Libraries.
Library and Information Science education; Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Blurton, C. (2000). New Directions of ICT-Use in Education.United National Education Science and Culture Organization (UNESCO).
- Chetia, B.(2015) “Technical Communication for Engineering Students-relevance in the Indian context” International Journal of Management and Applied Science, 1(2) 17-19.
- Kent, Allen., (1997).Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science. New York: Marcel Dekkar. 19.
- ToAnyakoha, M.W. (2005).Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in library services. Coal City Libraries, 2(1&2) 2-12.
- Ahmad, N., & Fatima, N. (2009). Usage of ICT products and services for research in social sciences at Aligarh Muslim University. DESIDOC journal of Library and Information Technology, 29(2) 25-30.
- Ebijuwa, A.A. (2005). Information and Communication Technology in university libraries: The Nigeria experience. Journal of Library and Information Science, 7(1&2) 23-30.
- Khan, J. (2016). Impact of Information Communication Technology on library users and its services. International Journal of Research – GRANTHAALAYAH, 4(9): 97-100.
- Saleem, A., Tabusum, S. and Batcha,S.(2013). Application and Uses of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Academic Libraries: An Overview, International Journal of Library Science, 2(3), 49-52.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 299-304
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184812
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Supriya A. Bejalwar, "Review Study on Application and Use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Academic Libraries", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.299-304, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184812