Home > Archives > IJSRST184815
Logical acquisition of iPhone without Jail Breaking
Authors(2) :-Priyank Parmar, Dr. Ravi Sheth
With the tremendous growth of technology use of Smart phones are very common, but it is a bit complicated from the Forensic point of view. The various versions of operating system of device and manufactures customization leads the smartphone to the complication. Every manufacturer has its own security algorithm and own terms while designing a Mobile Operating System. Day by day level of encryption is increasing the complexity for the forensic expert during investigation. The iPhones and iPads are using iOS which has taken care of Users Privacy and Security on the top level of its architecture. Investigating such devices are very complicated as the every file is kept encrypted on the device. Cyber criminals are using latest gadgets to commit such crime and it will increase in near future. Author has tried to cover the forensically acceptable methods which can be achieved on an iOS Device.
Priyank Parmar, Dr. Ravi Sheth
iPhone Forensics, iOS 11, Data acquisition without Jailbreak, logical acquisition of iPhone without Jailbreak
- “Whitepaper of iOS Security Guideline from Apple” https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf (Last Accessed: 26th April 2018)
- Guidelines on Mobile-Device Forensics, NIST Special Publication 800-101
- Kyle D. Lutes, Richard P. Mislan, “Challenges in Mobile Phone Forensics”
- Moore, Jason; Baggili, Ibrahim; and Breitinger, Frank, “Find Me If You Can: Mobile GPS Mapping Applications Forensic Analysis & SNAVP the Open Source, Modular, Extensible Parser,” Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law: Vol. 12 : No. 1 , Article 7
- Tim Proffitt,” Forensic Analysis on iOS Device, SANS Institute Author”
- Agrawal, V, Bhattacharyya, C, Niranjan, T & Susarla, S, ‘Discovering Rules from Disk Events for Predicting Hard Drive Failures’, In International Conference on Machine Learning and pplications (ICMLA 2009), pp. 782–786, IEEE Press, 13–15 December 2009.
- Hoog, A & Gaffaney, K (2009), iPhone Forensics, via Forensics
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 9 | July-August 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-07-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-05
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184815
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Priyank Parmar, Dr. Ravi Sheth, "Logical acquisition of iPhone without Jail Breaking", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 9, pp.01-05, July-August-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184815