Home > Archives > IJSRST184817
Intelligent Pillbox : Automatic and Programmable Assistive Technology Device
Authors(2) :-Krushna S. Charjan, Dr. Ujwala A. Kshirsagar
Assistive Technology (AT) maintains and improves the individual's functioning and independence, thereby promoting their well-being. But today only 1 fom each 10 people in need have access to AT due to high costs and a lack of awareness, availability, personal training, policy and functioning. By 2050, more than 2 billion people will need at least 1 assistive product with many elderly needing 2 or more. Elderly make important contributions to the society. Though some people aged well, other become fail, with a high risk of disease. In this paper, we propose a frst approach related the design of AT device. This uses open source technologies and gives a new choice in taking medication dosages. "The Intelligent PillBox" allows the organization of several medication schedules that health disorders presented in elderly need basically. Arduino Mega 2560 was taken as the principal controller. This prototype contains; a programmable alarm system with an automatic opening and closing system, an interactive user interface and a notification system through GSM network. The development of this device is focused in the support of elderly people and other vulnerable groups that may need for an assisted care.
Krushna S. Charjan, Dr. Ujwala A. Kshirsagar
Assistive Technology, Elderly, Intelligent PillBox Design, Internet of Things, Ambient Assisted Living, Medication Schedule
- W. H. Organization, "Assistive Technology," Assistive Technology, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www. who. Intlmed iacentre/ factsheets/ assistivetechnology/ en/.
- E. E. Abdallah and E. Fayyoumi, "Assistive Technology for Deaf People Based on Android Platform," Procedia - Procedia Comput. Sci., vol. 94, no. Fnc, pp. 295-301,2016.
- Ministerio Salud Publica, "MAIS (Manual del Modelo de Atenci6n Integral de Salud)," Ministerio de Salud Publica del Ecuador. p. 210, 2012.
- L. Garyon et al., "Medical and Assistive Health Technology : Meeting the Needs of Aging Populations," vol. 56, pp. 293-302, 2016. C.
- Mollaret, A. A. Mekonnen, F. Lerasle, I. Ferram\ 1. Pinquier, and B. Boudet, "A multi-modal perception based assistive robotic system for the elderly," vol. 0, pp. 1-20,2016. P.
- Casanova-Sotolongo, P. Casanova-Carrillo, and C. Casanova-Carrillo, "Deterioro cognitivo en la tercera edad," Rev. Cuba. Med. Gen. Integr., vol. 20, no. 5-6, pp. 0-0, 2004.
- C. Canet, La Tercera Edad, 1st ed. Victoria, Canada, 2005.
- J. H. Brown, P. E. N. Knowles, F. Booth, and H. C. Post, "United States Patent [[ 19 ]," 909628, 1980.
- K. E. Lewis and A. Roberts Jr, "United States Patent  ," 4,573,606, 1984.
- e-pil1 medication Reminders, "E-pil1 Medication Reminders." [Online]. Available: www.epill.com.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-05-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-11
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184817
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Krushna S. Charjan, Dr. Ujwala A. Kshirsagar, "Intelligent Pillbox : Automatic and Programmable Assistive Technology Device", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.01-11, May-June-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184817