Home > Archives > IJSRST184851
Comparative Study of Electro - Discharge Machining with the use of Additional Rotary Tool EDM Performance During Machining of EN-8 Material
Authors(3) :-Malak Soni, Ronak J Rana, Prof. Alok B Choudhary
Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) is a non-conventional machining process in which the machining takes place through spark erosion between tool electrode and workpiece. EDM is used for hard materials which are generally difficult to machine using conventional machining method. Research has been done by comparison of EDM with Rotary EDM with the use of additional rotary attachment on EDM to improve its performance measures like Material removal rate (MRR), tool wear rate (TWR). Various researchers have performed the work on various types of EDMs like Die Sinking EDM, Dry EDM, Powder Mixed EDM (PMEDM) and Wire EDM (WEDM) etc. In this paper objective is to compare EDM with rotary EDM. In this paper there is also a depiction about the machining and non-machining parameters used during the particular research work. In Present paper the research work done on rotary and EDM to improve its performance measures like MRR & TWR.
Malak Soni, Ronak J Rana, Prof. Alok B Choudhary
Electrical Discharge Machine, Rotary tool EDM, Material Removal Rate, Tool Wear Rate
- K. D. Chattopadhyay, P. S. Satsangi, S. Verma & P. C. Sharma, “Analysis of rotary electrical discharge machining characteristics in reversal magnetic field for copper-EN8 steel system”, Int J Adv Manuf Technol (2008), pp.925–937
- K. D. Chattopadhyay, P. S. Satsangi, S. Verma & P. C. Sharma, “Development of empirical model for different process parameters during rotary electrical discharge machining of copper–steel (EN-8) system”, Journal of materials processing technology (2 0 0 9) pp.1454–1465
- Sushil Kumar Choudhary & Dr. R.S Jadoun, “Current Advanced Research Development of Electric Discharge Machining (EDM): A SReview”, International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, Vol.2, No.3, March 2014,pp273-297
- Swaraj Darji & Bindu Pillai, “Estimation of MRR for Micro-EDM Machining Of Hastelloy C 276 using Taguchi Methodology”, Int. J. Mech. Eng. & Rob. Res. 2012 pp.261-267
- H. K. Dave, V. J. Mathai, K. P. Desai & H. K. Raval, “Studies on quality of microholes generated on Al 1100 using micro-electro-discharge machining process”, Int J Adv Manuf Technology, 2013.
- Anand Prakash Dwivedi, Sounak Kumar Choudhury, “Increasing the Performance of EDM Process Using Tool Rotation Methodology for Machining AISI D3 Steel”, 7th HPC 2016 – CIRP Conference on High Performance Cutting, Procedia CIRP 46 ( 2016 ) pp.131–134
- Anand Prakash Dwivedi & Sounak Kumar Choudhury, “Improvement in the Surface Integrity of AISI D3 Tool Steel using Rotary Tool Electric Discharge Machining Process”, 3rd International Conference on Innovations in Automation and Mechatronics Engineering, ICIAME 2016, Procedia Technology 23 ( 2016 ) pp.280–287
- Sanjeev Kumar, Rupinder Singh, T.P. Singh & B.L. Sethi, “Surface modification by electrical discharge machining: A review”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 209 (2009) pp.3675–3687
- Sushil Kumar Choudhary & Dr. R.S Jadoun, “Current Advanced Research Development of Electric Discharge Machining (EDM): A Review”, International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, Vol.2, No.3, March 2014,pp273-297
- Gurvir Singh, Manjinder Singh, Narinder Singh Jassal & Baljinder Ram, “To study the effect of electrode Rotational speed and machining parameters on MRR and SR using EDM”, Advances In Materials And Manufacturing Technology 2015, pp.87-90
- Reza Teimouri & Hamid Baseri, “Study of Tool Wear and Overcut in EDM Process with Rotary Tool and Magnetic Field”, Advances in Tribology Volume 2012, Article ID 895918 pp.1-8
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 120-126
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184851
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Malak Soni, Ronak J Rana, Prof. Alok B Choudhary, "Comparative Study of Electro - Discharge Machining with the use of Additional Rotary Tool EDM Performance During Machining of EN-8 Material", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.120-126, May-June-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184851