Home > Archives > IJSRST184853
A Passenger Bus Alert and Accident System for Blind Person Navigational
Authors(2) :-Swapnil Shingte, Rajesh Patil
In today's environment when everything is Travel Bus information is a vital component of many intelligent transportation systems (ITS) applications. In recent years, the number of vehicles in India has increased tremendously, leading to severe traffic congestion and pollution in urban areas, particularly during peak periods. A desirable strategy to deal with such issues is to shift more people from personal vehicles to public transport by providing better service (comfort, convenience and so on). The scope of this proposed system is to use speech recognition system for user selected destination entry, and voice module for making announcements about the arrival details. The performance of the proposed system is found to be promising and expected to be valuable in the development of advanced public transportation systems (APTS) in India. The main advantage of this device is to provide bus alerting system for easy navigation i.e. the user gets the voices which pronounce the bus details along with destination alerts. The system also supports with another protection feature for blind, when any sudden accidents occur which is detected using MEMS accelerometer sensor and sends location global positioning system based alerts to the predefined concern person in the form of SMS messages. As Speech is the primary and most convenient means of communication between humans it aims to provide a review based on the design of a new voice based alerting system for the blind based on Speech recognition system and voice circuit for voice based announcements.
Swapnil Shingte, Rajesh Patil
GPS, Blind navigation, GSM, Wireless Communication XBee.
- G.Lavanya ME., Preethy. W1, Shameem.A 1, Sushmitha.R1 (2013) , "Passenger BUS Alert System for Easy Navigation of Blind " , International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies IEEE ICCPCT-2013] , 798-202.
- Shantanu Agrawal , Anuja Anwane , Prasad Bulankar, Dhiraj K. Thote , (April 2014 ) , "Bus Recognition System For Visually Impaired Persons (VIPs) Using RF Module " , International Conference on Industrial Automation and Computing (ICIAC- 12-13th April 2014)
- G.Raja , D. NaveenKumar ,G.Dhanateja , G.V.Karthik Y, Vijay kumar ,( Apr-2014) , "Bus Position Monitoring System To Facilitate The Passengers " , IJESAT] International Journal of Engineering Science & Advanced Technology] Volume-3, Issue-3, 132-135
- Ravi Mishra and Sornnath Koley, (2012),'Voice Operated Outdoor Navigation System For Visually Impaired Persons', International Journal of Engineering and Technology,Vol 3, Issue 2,pp.l53-157
- Lamya El alamy, Sara Lhaddad, Soukaina Maalal, Yasmine Taybi,Yassine Salih-Alj ,(2012), "Bus Identification System for Visually Impaired Person " ,IEEE Sixth International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies
- Rishabh Gulati (2011), 'GPS Based Voice Alert System for the Blind', International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp 1-5
- Hyn Kwan Lee , Ki Hwan Eom , Min Chul Kim and Trung Pham Quoc, (2010), 'Wireless Sensor Network Apply for the Blind U-bus System', International Journal of u- and eservice, Science and Technology,VoI.3,No.3, pp.l3-24
- Brendan D Perry, Sean Morris and Stephanie Carcieri,, (2009), 'RFID Technology to Aid in Navigation and Organization for the Blind and Partially Sighted', pp. 1-52
- World Health Organization. (2009). 10 facts about blindness and visual impairment Online]. Available: www.who.int/features/factfiles/blindness/blindness_facts/en/index.html
- Advance Data Reports from the National Health Interview Survey (2008). Online]. Available: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis/nhis_ad.htm
- International Workshop on Camera-Based Document Analysis and Recognition (CBDAR 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011). Online]. Available: http://www.m.cs.osakafu-u.ac.jp/cbdar2011/
- X. Chen and A. L. Yuille, "Detecting and reading text in natural scenes," in Proc. Comput. Vision Pattern Recognit., 2004, vol. 2, pp. II-366–II-373.
- X. Chen, J. Yang, J. Zhang, and A. Waibel, "Automatic detection and recognition of signs from natural scenes," IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 87–99, Jan. 2004.
- D. Dakopoulos and N. G. Bourbakis, "Wearable obstacle avoidance electronic travel aids for blind: A survey," IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 25–35, Jan. 2010.
- B. Epshtein, E. Ofek, and Y. Wexler, "Detecting text in natural scenes with stroke width transform," in Proc. Comput. Vision Pattern Recognit., 2010, pp. 2963–2970.
- Y. Freund and R. Schapire, "Experiments with a new boosting algorithm," in Proc. Int. Conf. Machine Learning, 1996, pp. 148–156.
- N. Giudice and G. Legge, "Blind navigation and the role of technology," in The Engineering Handbook of Smart Technology for Aging, Disability, and Independence, A. A. Helal, M. Mokhtari, and B. Abdulrazak, Eds. Hoboken, NJ, USA: Wiley, 2008.
- K. Kim, K. Jung, and J. Kim, "Texture-based approach for text detection in images using support vector machines and continuously adaptive mean shift algorithm," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1631–1639, Dec. 2003.
- KReader Mobile User Guide, knfb Reading Technology Inc. (2008). Online]. Available: http://www.knfbReading.com
- S. Kumar, R. Gupta, N. Khanna, S. Chaudhury, and S. D. Joshi, "Text extraction and document image segmentation using matched wavelets and MRF model," IEEE Trans Image Process., vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2117–2128, Aug. 2007.
- Joonyoung Jung1 , Kiryong Ha1, Jeonwoo Lee1,Youngsung Kim2 and Daeyoung Kim3. Wireless Body Area Network in a Ubiquitous Healthcare System for Physiological Signal Monitoring and Health Consulting. International Journal of Signal ProcessingJ].Image Processing and Pattern Recognition.2008,pp47-54(2008)
- Pei Zhi-jie, Ding Xiao-di. Development of Wireless Remote Medical Monitoring System J]. Computer & Digital Engineering, 2008,12, 55-58
- Li Wen-zhong, Duan Chao-yu,et al. The Introductionand Actual Combat of Zigbee Wireless Network TechnologyM].Bei Jing: Aerospace University Press, 2007.4
- Guo Shi-fu, Ma Shu-yuan, Wu Ping-dong, Chen Zhilong. Pulse Wave Measurement SystemBased on ZigBee Wireless Sensor NetworkJ]. Application Research of Computers, 2007.4,258-260
- Shahab, F. Shafait, and A. Dengel, "ICDAR 2011 robust reading competition: ICDAR Robust Reading Competition Challenge 2: Reading text in scene images," in Proc. Int. Conf. Document Anal. Recognit., 2011, pp. 1491–1496.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 282-288
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184853
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Swapnil Shingte, Rajesh Patil, "A Passenger Bus Alert and Accident System for Blind Person Navigational", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.282-288, May-June-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184853