Home > Archives > IJSRST184855
An Insight on RFID technology and Future challenges
Authors(2) :-Nupur Agrekar, Nilesh P. Bodne
With RFID it is possible to orient machines to recognize objects and communicate with them if needed . Progress in Wireless sensor technologies have made it possible for humans to interact with machines like never before .With nanotechnology making huge foray in technology more and more of power is being packed in lesser and lesser of space and has thus allowed development of RFID based system that connects and enables intelligent interaction between objects around the world. This paper tries to present an insight on RFID technology and its usage.
Nupur Agrekar, Nilesh P. Bodne
RFID; Data Capture (AIDC), Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) .
- Furness, V. "The RFID market outlook: New applications, best practice and future profit opportunities," Business Insight. Retrieved 16th November 2005 from www.globalbusinessinsights.com/content/rbtc0077t.pdf
- Ranky, P. "An introduction to radio frequency identification (RFID) methods and solutions," Assembly Automation, 26(1), 28-33, 2006.
- Wyld, D. "RFID 101: The next big thing in management," Management Research News, 29(4), 154-173, 2006.
- www.idtechex.com/products/en/view.asp?productcategoryid=119 Retrieved on July 6, 2010.
- Conner, Margery (May 27 2010). Sensors empower the "Internet of Things". pp. 32–38. ISSN 0012-7515.
- Sean Dodson (2003-10-09). "The internet of things". The Guardian. The Auto-ID Labs replaced the Auto-ID Center in October 2003. More precisely, EPCglobal was formed as the successor organization to the Auto-ID Center, while its sister organization Auto-ID Labs manages and funds research on the EPC technology.
- Gerd Kortuem, Fahim Kawsar, Vasughi Sundramoorthy, Daniel Fitton, Smart Objects as Building Blocks for the Internet of Things, IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 44-51, Jan./Feb. 2010.
- Frank Siegemund. A Context-Aware Communication Platform for Smart Objects. In Alois Ferscha and Friedemann Mattern, editors, Pervasive Computing, Volume 3001 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 69-86, Vienna, Austria, April 2004.
- Friedemann Mattern. From Smart Devices to Smart Everyday Objects (Extended Abstract). Proceedings of sOc'2003 (Smart Objects Conference). pp. 15-16, Grenoble, France, May 2003.
- 2009 Horizon Project (http://www.nmc.org/horizon)
- Rolf Clauberg. RFID and Sensor Networks: From Sensor/Actuator to Business Application, RFID Workshop, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, September 27, 2004.
- Buettner, M., Prasad, R., Sample, A., Yeager, D., Greenstein, B., Smith, J. R., and Wetherall, D. RFID sensor networks with the Intel WISP. In Proceedings of the 6th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems (Raleigh, NC, USA, November 05 - 07, 2008), pp 393-394.
- Welbourne, E., Battle, L., Cole, G., Gould, K., Rector, K., Raymer, S., Balazinska, M., and Borriello, G. Building the Internet of Things Using RFID: The RFID Ecosystem Experience. IEEE Internet Computing, Volume 13, Number 3, (May. 2009), pp 48-55.
- The Internet of Things: From RFID to the Next-Generation Pervasive Networked Systems. Edited by Lu Yan, Yan Zhang, Laurence T. Yang, and Huansheng Ning. Auerbach Publications 2008. Print ISBN: 978-1- 4200-5281-7. eBook ISBN: 978-1-4200-5282-4.
- awareIT: Internet of Things & Smart Objects (http://awareit.blogspot.com/) Retrieved on July 8, 2010. 16First International Workshop on the Web of Things (WoT 2010) Online papers at http://www.webofthings.com/wot/2010/program.php
- "APPENDIX F: THE INTERNET OF THINGS (BACKGROUND)". Disruptive Technologies: Global Trends 2025. SRI Consulting Business Intelligence. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- Internet Reports 2005: The Internet of Things-Executive Summary, International Telecommunication Union (http://www.itu.int/osg/spu/publications/internetofthings/InternetofThing s_summary.pdf) Retrieved June 30, 2010.
- Future networks and the internet: Early Chanllenges regarding the "Internet of Things," Commission Staff Working Document, Brussels, 29 September 2008, SEC(2008)2516.
- Cohen, M.A. "Supply Chain Research in the Age of eBusiness." Presentation at the 2000 NSF Design and Manufacturing Research Conference, January 4, 2000. 537
- Sheng QZ, Li X and Zeadally, S. Enabling Next Generation RFIDApplications: Solutions and Challenges. IEEE Computer, September 2008.
- Pattabhiraman Krishna and David Husak, "RFID Infrastructure," IEEE Applications & Practice, June 2008.
- Fosso Wamba, S., Lefebvre, L.A. and Lefebvre, E. Integrating RFID Technology and EPC Network into a B2B Retail Supply Chain: A Step Toward Intelligent Business Processes, J. Technol. Manag. Innov. Volume 2, Issue 2, pp 114-124, 2007.
- Resatsch, F., Sandner, U., Leimeister, J. & Krcmar, H. Do Point of Sale RFID-Based Information Services Make a Difference? Analyzing Consumer Perceptions for Designing Smart Product Information Services in Retail Business. Electronic Markets, 18(3), 2008, pp 216- 231.
- Dr Klaus Finkenzeller, 2010 RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards, Radio Frequency Identification and Near-Field Communication, Third Edition, ISBN: 978-0-470-69506- 7, Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, June 14, 2010. Dörte Müller (translator)
- Mohammed A. Qadeer, Nadeem Akhtar, Shalini Govil, Anuja Varshney, "A Novel Scheme for Mobile Payment Using RFID-Enabled Smart SIMcard," Proceedings of 2009 International Conference on Future Computer and Communication, pp. 339-343.
- Yunus A. Kathawala and Benjamin Tueck 2008 The use of RFID for traffic management, International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management, Volume 8, Number 2, 2008, pp 111 - 125 28MP Pelletier, M TrEpanier, C Morency, 2009. Smart Card Data in Public Transit Planning: A Review, Transportation Research Center: Emerging Technologies Report, 2009 (Interuniversity Research Center on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation, CIRRELT-2009-46, Nov 2009).
- HAO Xu, C Hai-bo, M Wardman 2004 A Review on the Development of Smartcards in Public Transport, Journal of Transportion Systems Engineering and Information Technology, Volume 4, No. 1, November 2004.
- Catherine Morency, Martin Trepanier, Bruno Agard, Measuring transit use variability with smart-card data, Transport Policy, Volume 14, Issue 3, May 2007, pp 193-203.
- Caroline Rodier, Susan A. Shaheen, and Tagan Blake. 2009 Smart Parking Pilot on the Coaster Commuter Rail Line in San Diego, California, Research Report, Transportation Sustainability Research Center, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94804.
- Gustavo H. P. Florentino , Heitor U. Bezerra , HElio B. De A. Júnior , Marcelo X. Araújo , Ricardo A , De M. Valentim , Antônio H. F. Morais , Ana M. G. Guerreiro , Gláucio B. Br , Carlos A. Paz De Araújo. 2008. Hospital Automation RFID-Based: Technology Stored In Smart Cards, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2008, Volume II, WCE 2008, July 2 - 4, 2008, London, U.K.
- Antonio Aguilar, W van der Putten, F Kirrane. Positive Patient Identification using RFID and Wireless Networks, Proceedings of 11th Annual Healthcare Informatics Society of Ireland (HISI) Conference and Symposium, 15-16 November 2006.
- Thangamuthu, Kumaravel. Issues with Supply Chain and RFID in the Retail Industry, Paper 353-2008, SAS Institute Inc., Middleton, MA
- Ari Juels. RFID Security and Privacy: A Research Survey. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 24(2):381–394, February 2006
- Pedro Peris-Lopez, Julio Cesar Hernandez-Castro, Juan EstevezTapiador, and Arturo Ribagorda. RFID Systems: A Survey on Security Threats and Proposed Solutions. In 11th IFIP International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications-PWC’06, volume 4217 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 159–170, September 2006.
- StephenWeis, Sanjay Sarma, Ronald Rivest, and Daniel Engels, "Security and Privacy Aspects of Low-Cost Radio Frequency Identification Systems." In Dieter Hutter, Gunter Muller, Werner Stephan, and Markus Ullmann, editors, International Conference on Security in Pervasive Computing-SPC 2003, volume 2802 of LectureNotes in Computer Science, pages 454–469, Boppard, Germany, March 2003. 38Dirk Henrici and Paul Muller. Tackling Security and Privacy Issues in Radio Frequency Identification Devices. In Alois Ferscha and Friedemann Mattern, editors, Pervasive Computing, volume 3001 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 219–224, Vienna, Austria, April 2004.
- http://www.epcglobalinc.org/public policy/public policy guidelines.html Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- Wang, Fusheng and Liu, Peiya. Temporal Management of RFID Data, Proceedings of the VLDB Conference, Trondheim, Norway, 2005.
- Harrison, M. EPC Information Service - Data Model and Queries, Technical Report, Auto-ID Center, October 2003.
- The EPCglobal Network and The Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN): Understanding the Information & the Information Networks. http://www.epcglobalinc.org/news/position papers.html, October 2004.
- http://www.iot-visitthefuture.eu/fileadmin/documents/whatisrfid/Futint3-Internet-Of-Things_En.pdf Retrieved on July 2, 2010.
- Presentation "Beyond RFID-The Internet of Things" at Joint EC/EPoSS Expert Workshop 2008, 11-12 February 2008.
- L. Atzori, et al. The Internet of Things: A Survey, Computer Networks, May 2010. 46Schmidt L., Milton N., Simplot-Ryl D. Towards Unified Tag Data Translation for the Internet of Things, Proceedings Wireless VITAE 2009.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 225-231
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184855
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Nupur Agrekar, Nilesh P. Bodne, "An Insight on RFID technology and Future challenges", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.225-231, May-June-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184855