Home > Archives > IJSRST184861
A Cross Layer Approach Network Evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 for Mobile WSN
Authors(2) :-Sheetal Kadu, Dr. Pankaj Agrawal
Mobility in wireless sensor networks (WSNs), can have profound effect on the network operation.This effect is diverse according to several parameters that include: application diversity, network topography (topology), network connectivity and deployed node(s) or sensed event(s) location estimation. One major finding is that these networks suffer from control packet overhead anddelivery ratio degradation. This increases the network’s energy consumption. This work introduces a cross-layer operation model that can improve the energy consumption and system throughput of IEEE 802.15.4 MWSNs. The proposed model integrates four layers in the network operation: 1) application (node location); 2) network (routing); 3) medium access control (MAC); and 4) physical layers. The model employs a mechanism tominimize the neighbor discovery broadcasts to the active routesonly. Reducing control packet broadcasts between the nodesreduces the network’s consumed energy. It also decreases theoccupation period of the wireless channel. The model operationleads the network to consume less energy while maintaining thenetwork packet delivery ratio. Simulations have been carried out to check the efficacy of the proposed operation model .
Sheetal Kadu, Dr. Pankaj Agrawal
- M. Cattani, S. Guna, and G. P. Picco, "Group monitoring in mobile wireless sensor networks," in Proc. Int. Conf. Distrib. Comput. SensorSyst. Workshops (DCOSS), Jun. 2011, pp. 1–8.
- K. Zen, D. Habibi, A. Rassau, and I. Ahmad, "Performance evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 for mobile sensor networks," in Proc. 5th IFIP Int.Conf. Wireless Opt. Commun. Netw. (WOCN), 2008, pp. 1–5.
- X. Wang, X. Lin, Q. Wang, and W. Luan, "Mobility increases the connectivity of wireless networks," IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 21,no. 2, pp. 440–454, Apr. 2013.
- S. A. B. Awwad, C. K. Ng, N. K. Noordin, and M. F. A. Rasid, "Cluster based routing protocol for mobile nodes in wireless sensor network," in Proc. Int. Symp. Collaborative Technol. Syst. (CTS), 2009, pp. 233–241.
- T. Yang, T. Oda, L. Barolli, J. Iwashige, A. Durresi, and F. Xhafa, "Investigation of packet loss in mobile WSNs for AODV protocol anddifferent radio models," in Proc. IEEE 26th Int. Conf. Adv. Inf. Netw. Appl. (AINA), Mar. 2012, pp. 709–715.
- T. Melodia, D. Pompili, and I. F. Akyldiz, "Handling mobility in wireless sensor and actor networks," IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 160–173, Feb. 2010.
- Y.-Y. Shih, W.-H. Chung, P.-C. Hsiu, and A.-C. Pang, "A mobility-aware node deployment and tree construction framework for ZigBee wireless networks," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 2763–2779, Jul. 2013.
- S. Deng, J. Li, and L. Shen, "Mobility-based clustering protocol for wireless sensor networks with mobile nodes," IET Wireless Sensor Syst.,vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 39–47, Mar. 2011.
- L. Karim and N. Nasser, "Reliable location-aware routing protocol for mobile wireless sensor network," IET Commun., vol. 6, no. 14, pp. 2149–2158, Sep. 2012.
- D. D. Chaudhary and L. M. Waghmare, "A new dynamic energy efficient latency improving protocol for wireless sensor networks," Wireless Pers.Commun., vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 351–362, 2014.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, and M. Di Francesco, "A comprehensive analysis of the MAC unreliability problem in IEEE 802.15.4 wireless sensor networks, IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 52–65, Feb. 2011.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 232-239
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184861
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sheetal Kadu, Dr. Pankaj Agrawal, "A Cross Layer Approach Network Evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 for Mobile WSN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.232-239, May-June-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184861