Home > Archives > IJSRST184862
Design of A Secure Scheme employing In-Packet Bloom Filter for Detecting Provenance Forgery and Packet Drop Attacks in WSN
Authors(2) :-Rohit D. Hedau, Dr. Pankaj Agrawal
Lots of application are inherently wireless sensor network based wherein they sense the desired parameter and forward the data to the base station to be aggregated abd put forward to suitable use as and when desired. In such a case it is always a possibility that a malicious adversary may introduce additional nodes in the network or compromise existing ones. It is therefore highly crucial that high data trustworthiness is high so that correct decisions can be taken. Data provenance becomes critical in evaluating the trustworthiness of sensor data. Low energy and bandwidth consumption, efficient storage and secure transmission are several challenges required to be catered by provenance management .In this work we have been able to present a scheme to securely transmit provenance for sensor data. The scheme employs in packet bloom filter for providing provenance encoding . The provenance mechanism and reconstruction is taken care by the base station . The provenance scheme has been able to detect packet drop attacks staged by malicious data forwarding nodes.
Rohit D. Hedau, Dr. Pankaj Agrawal
- S. Roy, M. Conti, S. Setia, and S. Jajodia, "Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1040-1052, June 2012.
- Salmin Sultana, Gabriel Ghinita, Member, IEEE , Elisa Bertino, Fellow, IEEE , and Mohamed Shehab, Member, IEEE Computer Society," A Lightweight Secure Scheme for DetectingProvenance Forgery and Packet DropAttacks in Wireless Sensor Networks", May-june2015.
- Fan Ye,H.Luo,Songwu Lu,Lucia Zhang,"Statistical en-route filtering of injected false data in sensor networks",April 2005.
- Salmin Sultana,Mohamed Shehab,Elisa Bertino,"Secure provenance transmission for streaming data",August 2013.
- S. Madden, J. Franklin, J. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, "TAG: a tiny aggregation service for ad-hoc sensor networks," SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, Dec. 2002.
- H. Lim, Y. Moon, and E. Bertino, "Provenance-based trustworthiness assessment in sensor networks," in Proc. of Data Management for Sensor Networks, pp. 2–7, 2010.
- S. Sultana, E. Bertino, and M. Shehab, "A provenance based mechanism to identify malicious packet dropping adversaries in sensor networks," in Proc. Of ICDCS Workshops, pp. 332–338, 2011.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 240-248
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184862
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Rohit D. Hedau, Dr. Pankaj Agrawal, "Design of A Secure Scheme employing In-Packet Bloom Filter for Detecting Provenance Forgery and Packet Drop Attacks in WSN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.240-248, May-June-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184862