Home > Archives > IJSRST184878
Automatic Meter Reading using Wireless Sensor Module
Authors(2) :-Mohd Zubairuddin, Pooja Thakre
In the recent time huge advances have been made in the way the consumers are charged for the energy they consume. Things are moving out quite fast and areas where there was human intervention are being fast replaced by machines .The concept of e-metering (Electronic Metering) has been progressing at a very fast pace and with the ever increasing customer base the energy transmission companies are in need of a reliable and efficient Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) system. This paper presents a simple inexpensive GSM based Automatic Energy Meter Reading system (AEMR). The proposed system provides a remote access method for the consumer as well as the energy provider .It gives an opportunity to both the consumer as well as the supplier to remotely monitor the energy meters and thus helps in obtaining the energy reading in a hassle free manner .The Automatic Energy Meter Reading system (AEMR) regularly read the energy meter and calculate total amount of bill at the set dead line and sends the message to service provider. From energy meter received data i.e. user name, meter ID, total units with paying amount this message maintained at database server which located at service provider department. This system optimizes the time used in billing and provides a transparent interface to the consumer and the supplier to have an idea about energy consumed and the bill generated AEMR System can provide message at hourly, daily and monthly by the request , reduces the manpower required and prevent pilferage, improves the system efficiency thus turning out to be more efficient that conventional billing system.
Mohd Zubairuddin, Pooja Thakre
AMR, AEMR, Electronic Metering, TTL, WAMRS, GSM, ZIGBEE, GPRS, MAX-232, ARM7
- Yujun Bao and Xiaoyan Jiang, "Design of electric Energy Meter for long-distance data information transfers which based upon GPRS", ISA 2009. International Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Applications, 2009.
- HG.Rodney Tan,C.H. Lee,V.H.Mok,"Automatic power meter reading system using GSM network", The 8 Conference (IPEC 2007). International Power Engineering
- Vivek Kumar Sehgal,Nitesh Panda, Nipun Rai Handa, "Electronic Energy Meter with instant billing",UKSim Fourth European Modelling Symposium on Computer Modelling and Simulation.
- Bharath P, Ananth N, Vijetha S, Jyothi Prakash K. V. ,"Wireless automated digital Energy Meter", ICSET 2008.
- PK. Lee and L.L. Lai, Fieee, "A practical approach to wireless GPRS on-line power quality monitoring system", Power Engineering Society General Meeting, 2007.
- Subhashis Maitra, "Embedded Energy Meter- A new concept to measure the energy consumed by a consumer and to pay the bill", Power System Technology and IEEE Power India Conference, 2008.
- T El-Djazairy, B J Beggs and I F Stewart, " Investigation of the use of the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network for metering and load management telemetry", Electricity Distribution. Part 1: Contributions. CIRED. 14th International Conference and Exhibition on (IEE Conf. Publ. No. 438).
- Li Kaicheng, Liu Jianfeng, Yue Congyuan, Zhang Ming. "Remote power management and meter-reading system based on ARM microprocessor", Precision Electromagnetic Measurements Digest, 2008. CPEM 2008. Conference on Digital Object Identifier.
- MP Praveen, "KSEB to introduce SMS-based fault maintenance system", The Hindu News on 26/06/2011, http://www.hindu.com.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 333-337
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184878
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Mohd Zubairuddin, Pooja Thakre, "Automatic Meter Reading using Wireless Sensor Module", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.333-337, May-June-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184878