Home > Archives > IJSRST184879
An Improved Multilevel resource handling strategy for Cloud based Video Streaming
Authors(2) :-Jayashree M. M., P.Damodharan
Video data transmission and video streaming allows people to access the stored video media using the network anywhere in the world. An adaptive scheme is applied to perform the resource allocation in terms of bandwidth and video memory in cloud-based video streaming. Advances and commoditization of media generation devices enable capturing and sharing of any special event by multiple attendees. Video streaming is multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a video service provider or sender. With the rapid development of cloud technology, many services have been transferred from local computers to the cloud-based platform, which decreases the amount of computation done on the former. Graphics processing, apart from providing user interfaces featuring diversified special effects, is also significant in terms of application programs and play interactions. The proposed model combines a QoS aware resource allocation strategy for mobile 3D graphics rendering, which is a hybrid rendering technology combining the client-side graphics processing capabilities with the graphics processing units on the cloud-based platform. The proposed system is called Graphics Adaptive Resource Allocation Strategy (GARAS), and it delivers multiple views of an event to viewers at the best possible video representation based on each viewer’s available bandwidth GARAS is a complex system having many research challenges. The objective of the study is to maximize the overall viewer satisfaction by allocating available resources to transcode views in an optimal set of representations, subject to computational and bandwidth constraints.
Jayashree M. M., P.Damodharan
Cryptography, ECC, Graphics processing, QoS, RSA, Streaming, Streaming Cloud
- Ahmed, M. and Hossain, M.A., 2014. Cloud computing and security issues in the cloud. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications, 6(1), p.25.
- Angius, F., Westphal, C., Gerla, M. and Pau, G., 2015, January. Drop Dead Data-What to expect Securing Data instead of Channels. In Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2015 12th Annual IEEE (pp. 267-275). IEEE.
- Curtmola, R., Garay, J., Kamara, S. and Ostrovsky, R., 2011. Searchable symmetric encryption: improved definitions and efficient constructions. Journal of Computer Security, 19(5), pp.895-934.
- He, Q., Liu, J., Wang, C. and Li, B., 2016. Coping with heterogeneous video contributors and viewers in crowdsourced live streaming: A cloud-based approach. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 18(5), pp.916-928.
- Jagadeesan, N.A., Pal, R., Nadikuditi, K., Huang, Y., Shi, E. and Yu, M., 2014, August. A secure computation framework for SDNs. In Proceedings of the third workshop on Hot topics in software defined networking (pp. 209-210). ACM.
- Liang, J., Jiang, J., Duan, H., Li, K., Wan, T. and Wu, J., 2014, May. When HTTPS meets CDN: A case of authentication in delegated service. In Security and privacy (sp), 2014 ieee symposium on (pp. 67-82). IEEE.
- Liao, Xiaofei, Li Lin, Guang Tan, Hai Jin, Xiaobin Yang, Wei Zhang, Bo Li et al. "LiveRender: A cloud gaming system based on compressed graphics streaming." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON) 24, no. 4 (2016): 2128-2139.
- Liluashvili, V., Kalayci, S., Flouder, E., Wilson, M., Gabow, A. and Gümü?, Z.H., 2016. iCAVE: an open source tool for immersive 3D visualization of complex biomolecular interaction networks. bioRxiv, p.061374.
- Misra, S., Tourani, R. and Majd, N.E., 2013, August. Secure content delivery in information-centric networks: Design, implementation, and analyses. In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM SIGCOMM workshop on Information-centric networking (pp. 73-78). ACM.
- Mpeg, I., 2012. Information technology-dynamic adaptive streaming over http (dash)-part 1: Media presentation description and segment formats. ISO/IEC MPEG, Tech. Rep.
- O'Connell, T.W. and Patlas, M.N., 2016. Mobile devices and their prospective future role in emergency radiology. The British journal of radiology, 89(1061), p.20150820.
- Rueda, A.J., Noguera, J.M. and Luque, A., 2016. A comparison of native GPU computing versus OpenACC for implementing flow-routing algorithms in hydrological applications. Computers & Geosciences, 87, pp.91-100.
- Sherry, J., Lan, C., Popa, R.A. and Ratnasamy, S., 2015. Blindbox: Deep packet inspection over encrypted traffic. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, 45(4), pp.213-226.
- Singh, A.K., 2017. Improved hybrid algorithm for robust and imperceptible multiple watermarking using digital images. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 76(6), pp.8881-8900.
- Sun, Y., Fayaz, S.K., Guo, Y., Sekar, V., Jin, Y., Kaafar, M.A. and Uhlig, S., 2014, December. Trace-driven analysis of ICN caching algorithms on video-on-demand workloads. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM International on Conference on emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies (pp. 363-376). ACM.
- Wang, R., Shoshitaishvili, Y., Kruegel, C. and Vigna, G., 2013, August. Steal This Movie: Automatically Bypassing DRM Protection in Streaming Media Services. In USENIX Security Symposium (pp. 687-702).
- Yi, Y.H., Cho, M.G. and Cho, S.H., 2015. A Study on Copyright Protection Method of Web Image Contents. The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, 15(1), pp.37-43.
- Yuan, F., Po, L.M., Liu, M., Xu, X., Jian, W., Wong, K. and Cheung, K.W., 2016. Shearlet based video fingerprint for content-based copy detection. Journal of Signal and Information Processing, 7(02), p.84.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 344-351
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184879
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jayashree M. M., P.Damodharan, "An Improved Multilevel resource handling strategy for Cloud based Video Streaming", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.344-351, May-June-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184879