Home > Archives > IJSRST18488
Development and Processing of Instant Mango Pulihora Mix and Its Shelf Life Studies
Authors(2) :-V. Sandeep Goutham, V. Bhasker
Formulation of instant Raw Mango Pulihora Mix with incorporation of dried raw mango powder. On various trails of instant raw mango pulihora mix to make convenient pre mix which is easy to prepare instantly, and rich in Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) .Since Mango (Mangifera indica) is one of the most seasonal fruit of tropical and subtropical countries .By drying mango into fined powder form it can be used throughout the year and asses the physio chemical properties for the product. In the present studies has been conducted on three various trails changing the ratios of the ingredients. Based on the sensory evaluation and nutritive value trail 2 is the best suitable product in the various aspects such as sensory, nutritive value, cost analysis and shelf life studies.
V. Sandeep Goutham, V. Bhasker
Sensory, Nutritive values, Cost analysis, Shelf Life studies.
- Abonyi, B. I. (2000). Evaluation of Refractrance Window drying method for fruits and vegetables-MS Thesis. Pullman: Washington State University
- Akhtar, S., S. Mahmood, S. Naz, M. Nasir and M.T. Sultan. 2009. Sensory evaluation of mangoes
- Akinpelu, D.A. 2001. Antimicrobial activity of Anacardiumoccidentale Bark. 72: 286
- American Public Health Association, Washington, DC
- Amin, M., U.M. Aman, M.S. Mazhar, U.D. Islam, M.S. Khalid and A. Saeed. 2008. Mango fruit
- 1992. Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods.
- Compendium on postharvest operations.Rome’ FAO (INPhO).(Chap. 20, sec. 2.8, http://www.fao.org/inpho/compend/allintro.htm).
- Dey ,A.,&Mukerjee,R.(1999).Fractional factorial plans.
- De la Cruz Medina, J., & Garcia, H. S. (2003). Mango: Post-harvest operations. In D. Mejia, & B. Lewis (Eds.),
- Evans, E. A. (2008). Recent Trends in World and U.S. Mango Production Trade, and Consumption.University fo Florida. Gainesville, Florida: Food and Resource Economics Department.Evans, E. A. (2008). Recent Trends in World and U.S. Mango Production Trade, and Consumption.University fo Florida. Gainesville, Florida: Food and Resource Economics Department.
- FAO (2002) Mango – Post Harvest Operations, INPHO post harvest compendium, Food and AgriculturalOrganizations of United States, 54-55.
- Chavasit, V., Pisaphab, R., Sungpuag, P., Jittinandana, S., &Wasantwisut. desapping in relation to time of harvesting. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 40(4): 1587-1593.
- .Dahade RS &KhedkarDM , Dehydrated raw mangoes for preparation of amchur powder ,Indian Food Packers,34(3) (1980) 43-49
- Kaushik V and Nath N (1992). Effect of cooking procedure and variety on acceptability of unripe
- Maneepun S and Yuchalad M (2004). Developing processed mango products for international markets. Acta Horticulture, 64(5): 93-105.Mango beverage.Journal of Food Science and Technology, 29(2): 127-129.
- Mehta GL &TomarMc.Dehydrated and utilized of raw mangoes, Indian Food packer 36(6) (1982)75.
- New S Market Opportunities for Mango Growers, Kenya Horticultural Development Program 2004 – 2010, Sponsored by USAID, February 2010. Available on-line through,www.kilimo.go.ke/kilimo_docs/mango_conference/market.41(6): 2821-2829.
- Nanjundaswamy AM, Shetty GR and Saroja S (1976). Studies on the production of newer products from mango.Indian Food Packer, 30(5): 95-108.
- Nigam S, Bhatt DK and Jha A (2007). Different product of mango: the king of fruits. Processed Food Industry, 10 (9): 32-40.
- Ponting ,J.D., Walter, G.G., Forrey, R.R.,Jackson,W.L.,1966.Osmatic dehydration of fruits.FoodTechnol .20,125-128.
- Robertson and JR Lupien (Eds) Using Food Science and Technology to Improve Nutrition and Promote National Development, International Union of Food Science and Technology, 2008; 6: (on-line publication).
- www.iufost.org/publications/books/documents/Mercer_1.pdf. Website accessed November 27, 2012.
- Siddappa GS and Ranganna S (1961). Strained Baby Foods – Part II-Drying of strained Mango pulp and Mango Custard. Food Science, 10(2): 37-38.
- Subbiah K (M.Sc. Horti. thesis). (1961). Indian agricultural research institute. New Delhi, India
- Usha K and Anand JC (1981). Quality aspects of commercial raw mango powder (amchur). Journal of Food Science and Technology, 18(5): 208-210.
- (1998). Official methods of analysis.Washington, DC, USA: Association of Official Analytical Chemists.
- ASAE (2001).Moisture relationships of plant-based agricultural products. ASAE Standard D245.5 Dec. 01.
- Brett, A., Cox, D. R. S., Trim, D. S., Simmons, R., &Anstee, G. (1996).Practical aspects of processing. In G. Anstee (Ed.), Producing solar dried fruit and vegetables for micro- and small-scale rural enterprise development (pp. 1 – 30). Kent’ NRI Publications.
- Britnell PM (1991). The development of structured mango products.Acta Horticulturae, 291: 554-562.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 70-75
Manuscript Number : IJSRST18488
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
V. Sandeep Goutham, V. Bhasker, "Development and Processing of Instant Mango Pulihora Mix and Its Shelf Life Studies", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.70-75, May-June-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST18488