Home > Archives > IJSRST1848891
Seismic Analysis and Design of INTZ Water Tank by Using Staadpro
Authors(3) :-Talari Obulapathi, Syed Rizwan, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu
Water tank is used extensively for storage water, inflammable liquids, and other chemicals. The current analysis and design of supporting structures of elevated water tanks are extremely vulnerable under lateral forces due to wind and an earthquake, By past provided illustration when a great many water tank staging’s suffered damage and a few collapses. The aim of this paper is to understand the behaviour of Elevated Water Tank with the framed staging in lateral earthquake loading using Indian code guidelines by using Staad Pro. By using Rapid Assessment of Seismic Safety of Elevated Water Tank gives the optimum value of Base Shear and Base Moment and hence it is economical. The design based on above gives the most economical section and also it is safe.
Talari Obulapathi, Syed Rizwan, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu
Elevated Water Tank, Intz Water Tank, Siesmic Analysis, Earthquake, Shear, Moment
- Rai Durgesh C; "Performance of Elevated Tanks in Bhuj Earthquake"; Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Earth Planet Sci.), 112, No. 3, September 2003.pp 421-429.
- Jaiswal O. R., Rai Durgesh C and Jain Sudhir K; "Review of Code Provisions on Design Seismic Forces for Liquid Storage Tanks"; Document No.: IITK-GSDMA-EQ01-V1.0, Final Report: A - Earthquake Codes, IITK GSDMA Project on Building Codes.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, IITK GSDMA Guidelines for Seismic Design of Liquid Storage Tanks, August 2005.
- IS 1893:1984, criteria for earthquake resistant design of structures
- IS 875:1987, Code of Practice for Design Loads (Other than Earthquake) for Buildings and Structures Part 3: Wind Loads
- Vazirani & Ratwani, "Concrete Structures", Khanna Publishers, Year of Publication 1996
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 406-412
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1848891
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Talari Obulapathi, Syed Rizwan, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu, "Seismic Analysis and Design of INTZ Water Tank by Using Staadpro", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.406-412, May-June-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1848891