Home > Archives > IJSRST184891
A CORDIC Architecture Implementation for Rectangular to Polar Conversion
Authors(2) :-Richa Sharma, Prof. Pooja Thakre
Co-ordinate Rotation DIgital Computer(CORDIC) is a simple and efficient algorithm for performing computing tasks such as the calculation of trigonometric, hyperbolic and logarithmic functions, real and complex multiplications, division, square-root and many more using simple add, subtract and shift operations. Rectangular to polar conversion is an important operation in ALU, DSP processors, wireless communication, multimedia etc. This conversion requires hardware implementation of squaring, square root and arctangent circuits, which results in hardware complexity, large area requirement and high power consumption. To overcome this drawback, rectangular to polar conversion is carried out using CORDIC architecture. This paper proposes pipelined CORDIC architecture for rectangular to polar conversion using much simpler, cheaper and efficient hardware. Pipelining increases throughput of the system. The implementation has been done in VHDL language and simulation can be done on XILINX ISE software.
Richa Sharma, Prof. Pooja Thakre
CORDIC algorithm, pipelining, VHDL, XILINX ISE
- J E. Volder, "The CORDIC trigonometric computing technique," IRE Trans. Electronic Computing, vol. EC-8, pp. 330-334, Sep. 1959.
- Sudhakar Reddy.P , Ramachandra Reddy "ASIC Implementation of Autocorrelation and CORDIC Algorithm for OFDM Based WLAN", ISSN 1450-216X Vol.27 No.4 (2009), pp.588-596
- C.-S. Wu, A.-Y. Wu, and C.-H. Lin, "A high-performance/low-latency vector rotational CORDIC architecture based on extended elementary angle set and trellis-based searching schemes," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 589-601, Sep. 2003.
- R. Shukla and K. Ray, "Low latency hybrid CORDIC algorithm," IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 3066-3078, Dec 2014.
- C.-S. Wu and A.-Y. Wu, "Modified vector rotational CORDIC (MVR-CORDIC) algorithm and architecture," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 548-561, Jun. 2001.
- S. Aggarwal, P. K. Meher, and K. Khare, "Area-time efficient scaling-free CORDIC using generalized micro-rotation selection," IEEE Trans. VLSI Syst., vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1542-1546, Aug. 2012.
- F. Jaime, M. S-nchez, J. Hormigo, J. Villalba, and E. Zapata, "Enhanced scaling-free CORDIC," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 1654-1662, July 2010.
- Y. Liu, L. Fan, and T. Ma, "A modified CORDIC FPGA implementation for wave generation," Circuits Syst. Signal Process., vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 321-329, 2014.
- Concept, Design, and Implementation of Reconfigurable CORDIC Supriya Aggarwal, Pramod K. Meher, and Kavita Khare IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VERY LARGE SCALE INTEGRATION (VLSI) SYSTEMS 2016.
- Implementation of a Fast Hybrid CORDIC Architecture Bhawna Tiwari, Nidhi Goel 2016 Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology IEEE 2016.
- CORDIC-based FFT Real-time Processing Design and FPGA Implementation Aimei Tang*, Li Yu, Fangjian Han, Zhiqiang Zhang, 2016 IEEE 12th International Colloquium on Signal Processing & its Applications (CSPA2016), 4 - 6 March 2016, Melaka, Malaysia.
- CORDIC II: A New Improved CORDIC Algorithm Mario Garrido, Member, IEEE, Petter Kllstrm, Martin Kumm and Oscar Gustafsson, Senior Member, IEEE Ieee Transactions On Circuits And Systems Part Ii: Express Briefs 2016.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 8 | May-June 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 389-395
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184891
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Richa Sharma, Prof. Pooja Thakre, "A CORDIC Architecture Implementation for Rectangular to Polar Conversion", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 8, pp.389-395, May-June-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184891