Home > Archives > IJSRST2184545
Passenger Identification System Using Iot Based Transportation Smart Card
Authors(5) :-Senthil Ganesh R, Mohanasundar R, Prithvi Raj K, Vijayagopal N, Vinoth Kumar K
In many countries, Public transport is being used as a means of transportation for traveling. The most widely used public transport system is the bus transportation. According to many surveys, people prefer for proper and worthy public transportation facilities. Particularly in congested metropolitan cities, accidents are happening due to improper bus transportation. Also, vast number of thefts and other criminal activities are also happening in the same. The objective of our work is to identify the passengers traveling in the bus by collecting their database which will be stored in the centralized server of transportation department. For this purpose, we have implemented transportation smart card technology for database collection. The data about the passenger will be sent to the transportation department server through a trending technology known as Internet of Things (IoT). By using the database, we can easily find out the passengers who are suffered in accidents and also to identify the passengers involved in any theft or other criminal activities. The transportation smart card will be used for passenger identification, secured transportation and cashless transactions. From this method, we can achieve potential and efficient mode of public transportation using smart card because of its usability, practicality and versatility.
Senthil Ganesh R, Mohanasundar R, Prithvi Raj K, Vijayagopal N, Vinoth Kumar K
Public Transportation Management System, smart card, Passenger identification, IoT, Server.
- Aaron Don M., Sydney Jane P. Bautista, Francis Joseph O. Lardizabal, John Nelvic C. Patron and Angelico Gabriel N. Santos "minimizing passenger congestion in train stations through radio frequency identification (RFID) coupled with database monitoring system arpn" Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences VOL. 12, NO. 9, MAY 2017
- Mr.S.P. KesavanD. Abitha"Intelligent Passenger Alert System in Railways IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research &Development" | Vol. 4, Issue 01, 2016
- M Eswar Kumar, Thippa Reddy G, Sudheer K, Praveen Kumar Reddy M, Rajesh Kaluri, Dharmendra Singh Rajput and KuruvaLakshmanna"Vehicle Theft Identification and Intimation Using GSM & IOT" IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 263 (2017)
- K Shirisha and T Sivaprasad"Acquire Bus Information using GSM Technology into J Adv Technol, an open access" journal ISSN:0976-4860 Volume 7 ??? Issue 3 ??? 1000163.
- Farzana Rahman, TanayDatta Chowdhury, Tanvir Haque, Rezwanur Rahman, Aminul Islam "Identifying Existing Bus Service Condition and Analyzing Customer Satisfaction of Bus Service in Dhaka City" Journal of Transportation Technologies, 2017, 7, 107-122.
- S. Ornar"Multi-Purpose Student Card System Using Smart Card Technology".
- Juanjuan Zhao, Qiang Qu, Fan Zhang, Chengzhong Xu, Fellow, IEEE, and Siyuan Liu Spatio "Temporal Analysis of Passenger Travel Patterns in Massive Smart Card Data".
- Christeena Joseph, A.D. Ayyappan, A.R. Aswini, B. DhivyaBharathy "GPS/GSM Based Bus Tracking System (BTS)" International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 12, December-2013.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 401-407
Manuscript Number : IJSRST2184545
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Senthil Ganesh R, Mohanasundar R, Prithvi Raj K, Vijayagopal N, Vinoth Kumar K, "Passenger Identification System Using Iot Based Transportation Smart Card", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.401-407, March-April-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST2184545