Home > Archives > NCAEAS2303
Smart Time Table
Authors(5) :-Aafrin Siddiqui, Adeeba Sameen, Ibtesam Ali, Latika Lakkerwar, Rizwana Parveen
Timetable creation is a very arduous and time consuming task. To create timetable it takes lots of patience and man hours. Time table is created for various purposes like to organize lectures in school and colleges, to create timing charts for train and bus schedule and many more. To create timetable it requires lots of time and man power .In our paper we have tried to reduce these difficulties of generating timetable by Genetics Algorithm. By using Genetic algorithm we are able to reduce the time require to generate time table and generate a Timetable which is more accurate, precise and free of human errors. The first phase contains all the common compulsory classes of the institute, which are scheduled by a central team. The second phase contains the individual departmental classes. Presently this timetable is prepared manually, by manipulating those of earlier years, with the only aim of producing a feasible timetable.
Aafrin Siddiqui, Adeeba Sameen, Ibtesam Ali, Latika Lakkerwar, Rizwana Parveen
Genetic Algorithm, Timetable, Constraints, Chromosomes
Boehm B, "A Spiral Model of Software Developmentand Enhancement", ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, ACM, 11(4):14-24, August 1986
- Boehm B, "A Spiral Model of Software Development and Enhancement", IEEE Computer, IEEE, 21(5):61-72, May 1988
- Boehm, B, "Spiral Development: Experience, Principles,and Refinements", Special Report CMU/SEI-2000-SR-008, July 2000
- D. Abramson. Constructing school timetables using simulated annealing: sequential and parallel algorithms. Manage. Sci., 37(1):98–113, January 1991.
- David Abramson and J Abela. A parallel genetic algorithm for solving the school timetabling problem. In 15 Australian Computer Science Conference, 1992.
- Enrique Alba. Parallel Met heuristics: A New Class of Algorithms. Wiley- Interscience, 2005. www.tutorialspoint.com
- Georgios Varsamopoulos “How to Write a Technical Paper: Structure and Style of the Epitome of your Research'"
- AnujaChowdhary, Priyanka Kakde, ShrutiDhoke, Sonali Ingle, RupalRushiya, Dinesh Gawande “TIMETABLE GENERATION SYSTEM'" A paper published in IJCSMC Vol. 3, Issue. 2, February 2014.
- M.Lalena, “Traveling Salesman Problem using GeneticAlgorithm'" retrieved from www.lalena.com/AI/T/.
- Y. Has an A Bahanrum, O. Maharum, “A Job-Shop Scheduling Problem using Genetic Algorithm'" Proceedings of the Second IMT-GT Regional Conferenceon Mathematics, Statistics and Applications. University Sains Malaysia, Penang June 13-15, 2006.
- J .J. Moreira, “A System for Automatic Construction forExamination Timetable Using Genetic Algorithm'". The Techne Polytechnic Studies Review Journal, Vol.6 No.9 2008.
- V.T. Matthew, “Genetic Algorithm. Department of CivilEngineering'", Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai, 2005.
- P. Ross, D. Corne, “Applications of (GA) Genetic Algorithms'", Department of Artificial Intelligence,University of Edinburgh, 2003. retrieved from www.citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?
- Mosaic Space Blog, “The Practice and Theory of Automated Timetabling'" PATAT 2010, Mosaic SpaceBlog, University and college planning and management retrieved, from http://mosaicd.com/blog, 2011, Last accessed date 21st January 2012.
- D. G. Maere, (2010). “How Working Group AutomatedTimetabling was founded'", retrieved from http://www.asap.ac.nott.ac.uk/, 2010, Last accessed date9th December 2011.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 06-09
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2303
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Aafrin Siddiqui, Adeeba Sameen, Ibtesam Ali, Latika Lakkerwar, Rizwana Parveen, "Smart Time Table", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.06-09, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2303