Home > Archives > NCAEAS2316
Fault Detection Countermeasures using AES
Authors(4) :-Priyanka Dhok, Sneha Barwad, Kalyani Patil, Vikram Deshmukh
For security purpose, cryptography method is implemented through which communicated data is secured. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is the first choice for many critical applications. Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) consisting AES tool which is cryptographic algorithm used to secured electronic data. Implementations of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) has been used in various applications data-telecommunications, finance and networks that require low power consumptions, low cost design, less delay and specially it should be more secured. In this paper, the implementation details of the AES 128-bit Encryption and Decryption is presented. We will conduct a fault injection attack against the unprotected AES. Moreover we proposed a fault detection scheme for the AES. AES can be programmed in software or built with pure hardware. However Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) offer a quicker, more customizable solution. The protected AES has been implemented on Xilinx Nexus-3 FPGA. Its fault coverage, area overhead, frequency degradation, power and throughput have been compared. and it is shown that the proposed fault detection scheme allows maximum fault coverage and implemented design have low area, less hardware requirement and is more power efficient.
Priyanka Dhok, Sneha Barwad, Kalyani Patil, Vikram Deshmukh
AES, FIPS, FPGA, NIST, WiMAX, AES Encryption, SubByte Transformation, Inversion, GF Linear Mapping, Sbox Table, ShiftRows Tranformation, AddRoundKey, AES Decryption, InvShiftRows Transformation
- Paolo Maistri And Regis Leveugle “Double-Data-Rate Computation As A Countermeasure Against Fault Analysis” Ieee Transactions On Computers, Vol. 57, No. 11, November 2008.
- Hassen Mestiri, Noura Benhadjyoussef, Mohsen Machhout And Rached Tourki “An Fpga Implementation Of The Aes With Fault Detection Countermeasure”Ieee Conference 2013.
- Mehran Mozaffari-Kermani, ,Arash Reyhani-Masoleh “Concurrent Structure-Independent Fault Detection Schemes For The Advanced Encryption Standard” Ieee Transactions On Computers, Vol. 59, No. 5, May 2010
- Mao-Yin Wang, Chih-Pin Su, Chia-Lung Horng,Cheng-Wenwu,And Chih-Tsun Huang“Single- And Multi-Core Configurable Aes Architectures For Flexible Security” Ieee Transactions On Very Large Scale Integration (Vlsi) Systems, Vol. 18, No. 4, April 2010.
- Kaijie Wu Ramesh Karri,Grigori Kuznetsov,Michael Goessel“Low Cost Concurrent Error Detection For The Advanced Encryption Standard”, Itc International Test Conference 2004.
- Mehran Mozaffari-Kermani Arash Reyhani-Masoleh “A High-Performance Fault Diagnosis Approach For The Aes Subbytes Utilizing Mixed Bases” 2011 Workshop On Fault Diagnosis And Tolerance In Cryptography.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 65-69
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2316
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Priyanka Dhok, Sneha Barwad, Kalyani Patil, Vikram Deshmukh, "Fault Detection Countermeasures using AES", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.65-69, January-February-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2316