Home > Archives > NCAEAS2323
An Android Messenger Application for Dumb and Deaf People
Authors(3) :-Nidhi Kawale, Divya Hiranwar, Mayuri Bomewar
An evolution of Information and Communication Technology has influenced every part of human life. It has modified the way we do the job, occupation, travel , acknowledge and convey. For the Deaf people group, the utilization ICT has enhance their personal satisfaction by creating frameworks that can help them discuss better with whatever remains of the world and among themselves. Gesture based communication is the essential method for correspondence in the almost totally impaired group. The issue emerges when hard of hearing individuals attempt to convey what needs be to other individuals with the assistance of these gesture based communication language structures and bad habit a versa. The application gives hard of hearing individuals a method for getting more shut to cutting edge innovation by utilizing discourse to picture interpretation. This deaf individual to learn new advances by looking toward pictures which are being changed over to pictures by utilizing discourse acknowledgment framework.
Nidhi Kawale, Divya Hiranwar, Mayuri Bomewar
Sign Language, Deaf and Dumb, Android Application.
- Stephen Cox, Michael Lincoln and JudyTryggvason, "TESSA, a system to aid communication with deaf people". Proceedings on the Automatic speech to text conversion,Automatic translation of English text to sign language and display it as a sequence of signs using computer graphics techniques, 2002.
- S.M. Halawani and Zaitun A.B., “An Avatar Based Translation System from Arabic Speech to Arabic Sign Language for Deaf People”,Arabic Speech to Arabic Sign Language for Deaf People, 2012.
- Sunguk Lee, " Creating and Using Databases for Android Applications," Open source SQLite database, 2012.
- Surabhi Bansal and Ruchi Bahety, "Speech Recognition System," Transform the PCM digital audiointo a better acoustic representation and Unit matching system, 2013.
- A. Sujith Kumar and Shahabaz Begum,“Sign Mobiles: An Android App for Specially Able People,” Speech to-Text Translation, ASL Dictionaries (TXT2ASL), 2014.
- Dalia Nashat et al, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Applications,”AN ANDROID APPLICATION TO AID UNEDUCATED DEAF-DUMB PEOPLE” Vol.2 Issue. 9, September- 2014, pg. 1-8 ISSN: 2321-8363
- Morford, Jill Patterson, and MacFarlane, James, Winter 2003,”Frequency Characteristics of American Sign Language”. Sign Language Studies, Volume 3, Number 2, pp. 213-225
- S. Zhao, M. Wang, Z. Wei, 2013, “A New Type of Deaf-Mute Sign Language Recognition System Based on the Mobile Communication Platform and Terminal Equipment” Advanced Materials Research (Volumes 734 - 737) 2880-2886.
- "Android Overview" Open Handset Alliance. Retrieved 2012-02-15
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 98-102
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2323
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Nidhi Kawale, Divya Hiranwar, Mayuri Bomewar , "An Android Messenger Application for Dumb and Deaf People", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.98-102, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2323