Home > Archives > NCAEAS2330
Soft Computing Technique and PCA Based Unsupervised Change Detection Method in Multitemporal SAR Images
Authors(2) :-Shahla Pathan, Pooja Thakre
In order to get the change detection image. An unsupervised change detection algorithm context-sensitive technique multitemporal remote sensing images. Change detection analyze means that according to observations made in different times, the process of defining the change detection occurring in nature or in the state of any objects or the ability of defining the quantity of temporal effects by using multitemporal data sets. There are lots of change detection techniques met in literature. It is possible to group these techniques under two main topics as supervised and unsupervised change detection. While that process is being made, image differencing method is going to be applied to the images by following the procedure of image enhancement. After that, the method of Principal Component Analysis is going to be applied to the difference image obtained. To determine the areas that have and donít have changes, the image is grouped as two parts by Fuzzy C-Means Clustering method. For achieving these processes, firstly the process of image to image registration is completed. As a result of this, the images are being referred to each other. After that, gray scale difference image obtained is partitioned into 3x3 non overlapping blocks. With the method of principal component analysis, eigenvector space is gained and from here, principal components are reached. Finally, feature vector space consisting principal component is partitioned into two clusters using Fuzzy C-Means Clustering and after that change detection process has been done
Shahla Pathan, Pooja Thakre
Remote sensing, Change detection, Multi-temporal images, K-means
- R. Collins, A. Lipton, and T. Kanade, "Introduction to the special section on video surveillance," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 745–746, Aug. 2000.
- C. Stauffer and W. E. L. Grimson, "Learning patterns of activity using real-time `tracking," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 747–757, Aug. 2000.
- C. R. Wren, A. Azarbayejani, T. Darrell, and A. Pentland, "Pfinder: Real-time tracking of the human body," IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 780–785, Jul. 1997.
- L. Bruzzone and D. F. Prieto, "An adaptive semiparametric and context-based approach to unsupervised change detection in multitemporal remote-sensing images," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 452–466, Apr. 2002.
- J. B. Collins and C. E. Woodcock, "An assessment of several linear change detection techniques for mapping forest mortality using multitemporal Landsat TM data," Remote Sens. Environ., vol. 56, pp. 66–77, 1996.
- A. Huertas and R. Nevatia, "Detecting changes in aerial views of manmade structures," Image Vis. Comput., vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 583–596, May 2000.
- M. Bosc, F. Heitz, J. P. Armspach, I. Namer, D. Gounot, and L. Rumbach, "Automatic change detection in multimodal serial MRI: Application to multiple sclerosis lesion evolution," Neuroimage, vol. 20, pp.643–656, 2003.
- M. J. Dumskyj, S. J. Aldington, C. J. Dore, and E. M. Kohner, "The accurate assessment of changes in retinal vessel diameter using multiple frame electrocardiograph synchronised fundus photography," Current Eye Res., vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 652–632, Jun. 1996.
- L. Lemieux, U. Wieshmann, N. Moran, D. Fish, and S. Shorvon, "The detection and significance of subtle changes in mixed-signal brain lesions by serial MRI scan matching and spatial normalization," Med.Image Anal., vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 227–242, 1998. RADKE et al.: IMAGE CHANGE DETECTION ALGORITHMS 305
- D. Rey, G. Subsol, H. Delingette, and N. Ayache, "Automatic detection and segmentation of evolving processes in 3D medical images: Application to multiple sclerosis," Med. Image Anal., vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 163–179, Jun. 2002.
- J.-P. Thirion and G. Calmon, "Deformation analysis to detect and quantify active lesions in three-dimensional medical image sequences," IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 429–441, May 1999.
- E. Landis, E. Nagy, D. Keane, and G. Nagy, "A technique to measure 3D work-of-fracture of concrete in compression," J. Eng. Mech., vol. 126, no. 6, pp. 599–605, Jun. 1999.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 128-131
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2330
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shahla Pathan, Pooja Thakre, "Soft Computing Technique and PCA Based Unsupervised Change Detection Method in Multitemporal SAR Images", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.128-131, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2330