Home > Archives > NCAEAS2341
Evaluation of Techno-Economic Aspects of Mechanized Cotton Harvesting Process
Authors(3) :-Prof. P. S. Nerkar, V. S. Gautam, M. M. Bedekar
Cotton is one of the most important crops throughout the history of India and it also plays an important role in social and economic aspects of the Indian society in the present age. Recent technological advances and trade liberalization have made India a major player in international cotton markets. The overall objective of this paper is to assess the competitiveness of Indian cotton producers and potential implications for India as a competitor in the world cotton market if it mechanizes harvesting of cotton. The study reveals that the net income of the Indian cotton farmers will increase considerably with the mechanization of cotton harvesting. In that scenario, the cotton production in India can increase considerably which can impact the international markets.
Prof. P. S. Nerkar, V. S. Gautam, M. M. Bedekar
Cotton Harvesting, Mechanization, Techno-Economic Analysis.
- G. Majumdar, A. R. Raju, "Evaluation of Portable Cotton Picker", International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research, Volume 2, Issue 1, ISSN (Online) 2319-1473, 2013,pp. 104-107.
- S. K. Bal, and S. Sharma,"Ergonomic assessment of cotton harvesting activity with conventional and mechanical methods", (2012),APP-28,16th Punjab Science Congress, Feb7-9th2013, PunjabAcademy of Sciences, Patiala..
- M. R. Chaudhary, "Harvesting and ginning of cotton in the world" Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, 151203, (Punjab) India (2011),Available:www.icac.org/cotton_info/speeches/Chaudhry/ BW97.pdf (online).
- Srinivasa Konduru, "A Study of Mechanisation of Cotton Harvesting In India And Its Implications", Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, B3 (2013), 789-797, 2013.
- S. S. Kohli1 , Manjeet Singh , Karun Sharma and Gayatri Kansal " Multiple Atttribute Decision Making For Selection Of Mechanical Cotton Harvester", Academic Journals, Vol. 8(48), pp. 2318-2331, 2013,DOI: 0.5897/SRE2013.5641 ISSN 1992-2248.
- R. Kapur, S. Chouhan, S. Gulati, V.Saxena, "Transforming Agriculture Through Mechanisation, A Knowledge Paper on Indian farm equipment sector, 4th International exhibition and conference on agri-machinery and equipments, AGRIMACH INDIA 2015, Dec3-5, 2015, Delhi.
- G. Majumdar, "Mechanisation of cotton production in India", CICR Nagpur,CICR Technical Bulletin.
- A. S. Deshmukh, A. Mohanty, "Cotton Mechanization in India And Across Globe: A Review" International Journal of Advance Research in Engineering, Science & Technology e-ISSN: 2393-9877,p-ISSN: 2394-2444 Volume 3, Issue 1, 2016.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 168-174
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2341
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prof. P. S. Nerkar, V. S. Gautam, M. M. Bedekar, "Evaluation of Techno-Economic Aspects of Mechanized Cotton Harvesting Process", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.168-174, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2341