Home > Archives > NCAEAS2348
Design of Differential Protection Scheme Using Rogowski Coil
Authors(8) :-Shweta Patnaik, Mohammad Faisal, Omprakash Thakur, Anisraja S Tanwar, Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Twinkle Yadav, Sana Afreen Khan, Prof. Pramod Gadge
The following article presents brief information regarding Differential protection scheme of power transformer using Rogowski Coil. The basic intention of this article is to create a general awareness concerning the concept of Rogowski Coil Technology. The first section introduces you to the concept of Rogowski coil and Differential protection Scheme, the second section emphasises the designing and constructional features of Rogowski coil. The last sections covers the difference between the conventional CT's and modern flexible Rogowski coil. The reader is encouraged to go through the references listed in the last section if further information is required pertaining to the article.
Shweta Patnaik, Mohammad Faisal, Omprakash Thakur, Anisraja S Tanwar, Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Twinkle Yadav, Sana Afreen Khan, Prof. Pramod Gadge
RC (Rogowski coil), CT(Current Transformer), Power Transformer, Differential Protection
- IEEE Guide for the application of Rogowski coil used for protective relaying purposes, IEEE Std. C37.235-2007, 2008.
- Lj. A. Kojovic, "Advanced Protective Relaying Based on Rogowski Coil Current Sensors", The 95b International Conference on Developments in Power System Protection, DPSP 2008, Glasgow, UK, March 17-20, 2008.
- ANSI /IEEE Standard C57.13Th, Requirements for Instrument Transformers.
- IEEE Document C37.235T74 Guide for the Application of Rogowski Coils used for Protective Relaying Purposes.
- IEEE Standard C37.92TM, Analog Inputs to Protective Relays from Electronic Voltage and Current Transducers.
- EEC Standard 6OO4 4 -8TM, Instrument transformers - Part 8: Electronic current transformers.
- Lj. A. Kojovic, M. T. Bishop, D. Sharma, "Novel Solutions for Differential Protection of Electric Arc Furnace Transformers", the iron & Steel Technology (AIST) Conference and Exposition, Indianapolis, Indiana, May 7-10, 2007.
- Lj. A. Kojovic, J. Esztergalyos, "Traveling Wave-Based Relay Protection Schemes for Improved Power System Performance", CIGRE, Zagreb, Croatia, April 18-21, 2007.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 204-208
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2348
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shweta Patnaik, Mohammad Faisal, Omprakash Thakur, Anisraja S Tanwar, Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Twinkle Yadav, Sana Afreen Khan, Prof. Pramod Gadge, "Design of Differential Protection Scheme Using Rogowski Coil ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.204-208, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2348