Home > Archives > NCAEAS2353
Performance Analysis of phase shifted SPWM Technique for Three Phase Diode Clamped Three Level Inverter
Authors(3) :-Anirudha Gedam, Saurabh Rahangdale, Shaharukh Pathan
The Primary function of VSI is to convert fixed DC voltage into variable AC voltage at required voltage and frequency. The diode-clamped multilevel inverter employs clamping diodes and cascaded dc capacitors to produce ac voltage waveforms with multiple levels. The inverter can be generally configured as a three-, four-, or five-level topology, but only the three-level inverter, often known as neutral-point clamped (NPC) inverter, has found wide application in high-power medium-voltage (MV) drives. The dc input voltage of the inverter is normally split by two cascaded dc capacitors, providing a floating neutral point. The control of the neutral-point voltage deviation is also elaborated.The dc supplies are normally obtained from multipulse diode rectifiers. Phase shifted PWM Technique is analyzed and its performance will be compared. Simulation results will be presented to analyze the performance of the PWM techniques. The simulation results will be verified using experimental results
Anirudha Gedam, Saurabh Rahangdale, Shaharukh Pathan
SPWM, MV, DC, NPC, PWM, VSI, ASD, UPS, FACTS, SHE
- P. Palanive, Subhransu Sekherdash, "Phase Shifted Carrier Pulse Width Modulation For Three Phase Multilevel Inverter to Minimize THD and Enhance Output Voltage Performance", JES,2010.
- Sachin Maheshari, Prabodh Khampariya, "Simulation of Single Phase SPWM Inverter" , IJIRAE, vol-1, oct-2014.
- Rajesh Kumar Ahuja, Amit Kumar, "Analysis, Design and Control of Sinusoidal PWM Three Phase Voltage Source Inverter Feeding Balanced Loads at Different Carrier Frequencies Using MATLAB," IJAREEIE vol-3, may-2014.
- Bin Wu, "High Power Converter & AC Drives" , pp. 95-142.
- M.H.Rashid, "Power Electronics Handbook", 2001 pp. 225-260.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 336-340
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2353
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Anirudha Gedam, Saurabh Rahangdale, Shaharukh Pathan, "Performance Analysis of phase shifted SPWM Technique for Three Phase Diode Clamped Three Level Inverter ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.336-340, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2353