Home > Archives > NCAEAS2355
Mitigation of Voltage Sag using DVR and PI Controller
Authors(8) :-Iftekhar Ahmad, Sohel Sheikh, Shahid Ameer Khan, Dilshad Ahmad, Maria Malik, Elisha Michael, Arshiya Firdous, Prof. Pramod Gadge
This paper represents the modelling and simulation of dynamic voltage restorer (DVR) ,which is one of the most commonly known custom power device which is used for protection of sensitive loads against voltage sag. As the technological developments have been at its peak power quality improvement have become a important aspect of power system. The main function of power system is to provide their consumers a continuous power supply all the time, but in general practice it is the main concern of power system engineers. However there are some of the loads like sensitive loads (e.g. medical labs devices), in which voltage sag/swell in the supply system are not desirable. For the improvement of power quality custom power devices like dynamic voltage restorer (DVR) is simulated in power system. The main purpose of the DVR is the injection of voltage to power line and uphold the pre-sag voltage condition in the sensitive load side, it is the most efficient and effective modern custom power device used in power distribution networks. The controlling of the system is done using PI controller. The proposed DVR is modelled and simulated using MATLAB software.
Iftekhar Ahmad, Sohel Sheikh, Shahid Ameer Khan, Dilshad Ahmad, Maria Malik, Elisha Michael, Arshiya Firdous, Prof. Pramod Gadge
DVR, FACTS, Custom Power Device ,Sag ,Swell, Power System, Modeling of DVR.
- RavillaMadhusudanl, Student Member, IEEE, and G. RamamohanRao "Modeling and Simulation of a Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) for Power Quality Problems Voltage Sags and Swells” IEEE- International Conference On Advances In Engineering, Science And Management (ICAESM -2012) March 30, 31,2012.
- 2Shabnam Rukhsar and Dr. D.P. Kuthari "Application of DVR for Power Quality Improvement” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Volume: 02 Issue: 03 June-2015.
- R V D Rama Rao, 2Dr.Subhransu Sekhar Dash, SIMULATION VERIFICATION OF DYNAMIC VOLTAGE RESTORER USING HYSTERESIS BAND VOLTAGE CONTROL Journal of Electrical Engineering
- ManishaUddhavDaund ,Prof. PankajGautam and Prof.A.M.Jain EXPLORATION OF VOLTAGE SAG AND ITS MITIGATION TECHNIQUES International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT) – 2016.
- T AppalaNaidu "The Role Of Dynamic Voltage Restorer(DVR) in Improving Power Quality” International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Electronics, Information, Communication and Bio-Informatics (AEEICB16)
- Shweta Singh, VivekanandRai, Awadhesh Kumar and KishanBhusanSahay "Simulation and Comparison of DVR and D-STATCOM for Voltage Sag Mitigation”
- Ansal, K. Ravikumar, P.ParthibanTransformerless Dynamic Voltage Restorer for Voltage Sag Mitigation 2016 Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems:Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE)
- N.H. Woodley, Senior Member, IEEEPittsburgh, PA 15235 USA L. Morgan, Member, IEEE A. Sundaram, Member, Experience With An Inverter-BasedDynamic Voltage Restorer lEEETransactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 14, No. 3, July 1999.
- RavillaMadhusudan‘Modeling and Simulation of a Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) for Power Quality ProblemsVoltage Sags and Swells’ IEEE- International Conference On Advances In Engineering, Science And Management (ICAESM -2012) March 30, 31,2012.
- Reza Sedaghati1, Mehdi Ghasemi2 and Mahdi Hayatdavudi3 "Performance Study of Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) in order to Power Quality Improvement
- A. A. D. RanjithPerera, and S. S. Choi Performance Improvement of the Dynamic Voltage Restorer With Closed-Loop Load Voltage and Current-Mode Control MahindaVilathgamuwa, Senior Member, IEEE, , Member, IEEE2002.
- H.P. Tiwari and Sunil Kumar Gupta International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 3, August 2010 ISSN: 2010-0248 "Dynamic Voltage Restorer against Voltage Sag” 2010.
- K. VenkateswararaoInternational Electrical Engineering Journal (IEEJ) Vol. 3 (2012) No. 2, pp. 745-750 ISSN 2078-2365 Page 745 Pudiet. al., Power Quality Enhancement using Custom Power Devices Power Quality Enhancement using Custom Power Devices PudiSekhar 2012.
- Keith Corzine, VahidDargahiMedium Voltage Dynamic Voltage Restorer (DVR) Based on DFCM Converter for Power Quality Improvement Vahid Dargahi1, Student Member, IEEE, ArashKhoshkbar Sadigh2, Member, IEEE, and Keith Corzine1, Senior Member, IEEE 1 Microgrid and Power Electronics Laboratory, Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634, USA.
- S.DeepikaM.SaranyaV.Poorani2015 International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS -2015), Jan. 05 – 07, 2015, Coimbatore, INDIA PI CONTROLLER BASED DYNAMIC SAG COMPENSATOR WITH PV PANEL S.DeepikaM.SaranyaV.Poorani Assistant professor, EIE SNS College of Technology SNS College of Technology SNS College of Technology Coimbatore, India 2015.
- Mohammed Abdul Ahad2016 Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems:Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTS E)Performance Analysis of DVR, DSTATCOM andUPQC For Improving The Power Quality WithVarious Control StrategiesMohammed Abdul Ahad YahiyaDept. of Electrical and ElectronicsUnder Graduate, JNTU Hyderabad, India2016.
- N.G.Hingorani and L.Gyugyi (1999), "Understanding FACTS: Concepts and Technology of flexible ac transmission systems”, IEEEPress, New York.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 2 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 345-352
Manuscript Number : NCAEAS2355
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Iftekhar Ahmad, Sohel Sheikh, Shahid Ameer Khan, Dilshad Ahmad, Maria Malik, Elisha Michael, Arshiya Firdous, Prof. Pramod Gadge, "Mitigation of Voltage Sag using DVR and PI Controller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.345-352, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/NCAEAS2355