Home > Archives > IJSRST151228
Network Reconfiguration for Loss Reduction of a Radial Distribution System
Authors(2) :-Laxmi .M. Kottal, Dr. R Prakash
By using network reconfiguration process many distribution system problems can be solved such as planning, energy restoration and loss minimization. This paper describes about loss reduction in a radial distribution system by doing network reconfiguration using new algorithm i.e. Gravitational Search Algorithm [GSA].GSA considers all the objectives in order to meet the reliability requirements. And because of this the processing time can be reduced also the quality of solution can be improved. The proposed approach has been applied to distribution test systems including IEEE 33 system.
Laxmi .M. Kottal, Dr. R Prakash
Network Reconfiguration;Distribution System; Loss Minimisation; Gravitational Search Algorithm.
- Lopez E., Opazo, H., Garcia L. and Bastard, P., "Online Reconfiguration considering Variability Demand: Applications to Real Networks", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2004, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 549-553.
- G. Eason, B. Noble, and I.N. Sneddon, "On certain integrals of Lipschitz-Hankel type involving products of Bessel functions," Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London, vol. A247, pp. 529-551, April 1955. (references)
- J. Clerk Maxwell, A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism, 3rd ed., vol. 2. Oxford: Clarendon, 1892, pp.68-73.
- I.S. Jacobs and C.P. Bean, "Fine particles, thin films and exchange anisotropy," in Magnetism, vol. III, G.T. Rado and H. Suhl, Eds. New York: Academic, 1963, pp. 271-350.
- R. Nicole, "Title of paper with only first word capitalized," J. Name Stand. Abbrev., in press.
- Y. J. Jean and J. C. Kim, "An efficient simulated annealing algorithm for network reconfiguration in large-scale distribution systems," IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1070-1078, Oct. 2002.
- Civanlar, S., Grainger, J. J., Yin, H. and Lee, S. S. H. "Distribution Feeder Reconfiguration for Loss Reduction", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 1988, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 1217 - 1223.
- Shirmohammadi, D. and Hong, H. W., "Reconfiguration of Electric Distribution for Resistive Line Loss Reduction", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 1989, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 1492 - 1498.
- Y. Yorozu, M. Hirano, K. Oka, and Y. Tagawa, "Electron spectroscopy studies on magneto-optical media and plastic substrate interface," IEEE Transl. J. Magn. Japan, vol. 2, pp. 740-741, August 1987 [Digests 9th Annual Conf. Magnetics Japan, p. 301, 1982].
- M. Young, The Technical Writer’s Handbook. Mill Valley, CA: University Science, 1989.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | May-June 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-06-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 47-51
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151228
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Laxmi .M. Kottal, Dr. R Prakash, "Network Reconfiguration for Loss Reduction of a Radial Distribution System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.47-51, May-June-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151228