Home > Archives > IJSRST151518
Bidirectional Speed Control of DC Motor Based on Pulse Width Modulation using Microcontroller
Authors(2) :-Ayman Y. Yousef, M. H. Mostafa
This paper presents a design, simulation and implementation of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) speed control system of DC motor using microcontroller (MCU). The PIC16F877A microcontroller is programmed to generate two periodic PWM signals from its Capture/Compare/PWM (CCP) modules. These output PWM signals from MCU with various duty cycle are used to controlling the speed and direction of DC motor through L293D driver chip which is used as an interface between MCU and DC motor. The PIC MCU has been programmed using flowcode software package and the complete PWM control system model has been simulated using proteus design suite software package. A hardware setup has been practically implemented for the proposed control system in order to check the simulation results and which were acceptable and satisfactory.
Ayman Y. Yousef, M. H. Mostafa
PIC Microcontroller, PWM Technique, CCP Module, Duty Cycle, DC Motor Driver.
- Sabedin A. Meha, Besnik Haziri, Loreta N. Gashi, and Behar Fejzullahu “Controlling DC Motor Speed using PWM from c# windows Application ” 15th International Research/Expert Conference” Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology, TMT 2011, Prague, Czech Republic, 12-18 September 2011.
- Bharat Joshi, Rakesh Shrestha, and Ramesh Chaudhar “Modeling, Simulation and Implementation of Brushed DC Motor Speed Control Using Optical Incremental Encoder Feedback” Proceedings of IOE Graduate Conference, 2014.
- Yue-Li Hu, and Wei Wang “Design of PWM Controller in a MCS-51 Compatible MCU ” IEEE Proceedings of (HDP’07) 2007.
- PIC Microcontroller Instruction Sets, PIC16F877A Datasheet.
- A.S.M. Bakibillah, Nazibur Rahman, Md. Anis Uz Zaman, “Microcontroller based Closed Loop Speed Control of DC Motor using PWM Technique” International Journal of Computer Applications Volume 108 – No 14, December 2014.
- Pallavi Papalkar and S. P. Phulambrikar, “Speed Control of DC Motor using Capture/Compare/Pulse Width Modulation Module of PIC Microcontroller” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology,Vol. 3, Issue 9, September- 2014
- Push-Pull Four Channel Driver with Diodes, L293D Datasheet.
- Shinde Krishnat Arvind, Tarate Akshay Arun, Taur Sandip Madhukar, and Prof. Jayashree Deka “Speed Control of DC Motor using PIC 16F877A Microcontroller” Multidisciplinary Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Volume 1, Issue 2, July- 2014
- Taiqiang Cao, Jianping Xu, and Shungang Xu,“ Designing DSP Based Digital Control DC Motor System ” IEEE Proceedings 2008.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 52-60
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151518
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ayman Y. Yousef, M. H. Mostafa, "Bidirectional Speed Control of DC Motor Based on Pulse Width Modulation using Microcontroller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.52-60, November-December-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151518