Home > Archives > IJSRST151522
Effluent Treatment Plant of Sugar Wastewater â€“ A Review
Authors(3) :-Sanket D Awasare, Harshavardhan U Bhosale, NIta P Chavan
Sugar Industry is also called sugar cane mill. The production of sugar from which is carried out. As we known the cane is cash crop. So the sugar industry is the major industry which takes part in the growth of the country. Sugar industry is one of the major industries which have been included in the polluting industries. Sugar industry wastewater has a high degree of pollution parameters. Present report thus gives the different parameter studies such as pH, BOD, COD, etc. also the study of the sugar industry Bidri â€“ Shri Dudhganga-Vedganga Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. The parameters permissible limits which are prescribed by the board are also studied.
Sanket D Awasare, Harshavardhan U Bhosale, NIta P Chavan
Sugar Industry, cash crop, pollution parameters, BOD, COD.
- M Narayana Rao and Amal K Datta, “Wastewater Treatment-Rational Methods of Design and Industrial Practices”, Third Edition, Oxford & IBN Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India.
- A S Tanksali, “Treatment Of Sugar Industry Wastewater By Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor”, International Journal of Chem Tech Research, Vol. 5; No. 3; 2013, ISSN: 0974-4290.
- Abdul Rehman Memon, Suhail Ahmed Soomro and Abdul Khaliq Ansari, “Sugar Indutry Effluent - Characteristics and Chemical Analysis”, J. App. Em. Sc., Vol. 1; No. 2; 2006, ISSN: 1814-070X.
- C B Shivayogimath and Rashmi Jahagirdar, “Treatment Of Sugar Industry Wastewater Using Electrocoagulation Technique”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, IC-RICE Conference Issue; 2013, e-ISSN: 2319-1163; p-ISSN: 2321-7308.
- D Shiva Kumar and S Srikantaswamy, “Evaluation Of Effluent Quality Of A Sugar Industry By Using Physico- Chemical Parameters”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 4; No. 1; 2015, ISSN: 2278-6252.
- Hampannavar U S and Shivayogimath C B, “Anaerobic treatment of sugar industry wastewater by Upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor at ambient temperature”, International Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol. 1; No. 4; 2010, ISSN: 0976-4402.
- M Rais, A Sheoran, “Treatment of Sugarcane Industry Effluents: Science & Technology issues”, M. Rais Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 5; No. 1(Part 2); 2015, ISSN: 2248-9622.
- M Sunitha and Mohd Abdur Rafeeq, “Sugar Industry Wastewater Treatment Using Adsorption”, Jr. of Industrial Pollution Control, Vol. 25; No. 2; 2009, ISSN: 0970-2083.
- Mahdi Reyahi Khoram, Mahdi Safikhani And Seyed Mostafa Khezri, “Review of Hosein Aabad Sugar Factory (HASF) Wastewater and Assessment of its Pollution Load”, J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Manage., Vol. 17; No. 3; 2013, ISSN: 1119-8362.
- Usha Damodharan and M Vikram Reddy, “Impact of Sugar Industrial Treated Effluent on the Growth Factor in Sugarcane—Cuddalore, India”, Journal of Sustainable Bioenergy Systems, Vol. 2; 2012, ISSN: 2165-4018.
- Weqar A Siddiqui and Muhammad Waseem, “A Comparative Study of Sugar Mill Treated and Untreated Effluent- A Case Study”, Oriental Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 28; No. 4; 2012, ISSN: 0970-020X.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 102-107
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151522
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sanket D Awasare, Harshavardhan U Bhosale, NIta P Chavan, "Effluent Treatment Plant of Sugar Wastewater â€“ A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.102-107, November-December-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151522