Home > Archives > IJSRST15159
A Review on Analysis of Friction Stir Welding Process of Steel
Authors(5) :-Vikash, Gopal Sahu, Prakash Kumar Sen, Ritesh Sharma, Shailendra Bohidar
Friction Stir Welding (FSW) is a solid state welding method and is common for aluminium alloys Friction Stir Welding is a novel green solid state joining process particularly used to join high strength aerospace aluminium alloys. This review paper addresses the overview of Friction stir welding which includes the basic concept of the process, microstructure formation, influencing process parameters, typical defects in FSW process and some recent applications. These welded joints have higher tensile strength to weight ratio and finer micro structure. FSW of aluminium alloys have the potential to hold good mechanical and metallurgical properties. This paper gives the review of basic concepts of Friction Stir Welding on tool design, mode of metal transfer and process parameters. It is demonstrated that FSW of aluminium is becoming an increasingly mature technology with numerous commercial applications.
Vikash, Gopal Sahu, Prakash Kumar Sen, Ritesh Sharma, Shailendra Bohidar
Tool, FSW, Friction Stir, Processing, Steel.
- Preetish Sinha, S. Muthukumaran, S.K. Mukherjee. Analysis of first mode of metal transfer in friction stir weld plates by image processing technique. journal of materials processing technology 197 (2008) 17–21.
- K. Elangovan, V. Balasubramanian, S. Babu ,"Predicting tensile strength of friction stir welded AA6061 aluminium alloy joints by a mathematical model", Materials and Design 30, 2009, pp.188–193.
- Mandal A, Roy P. Modeling the compressive strength of molasses–cement sand system using design of experiments and back propagation neural networks. J Mater Process Technol 2006;180:167–73.
- R.S. Mishraa, Z.Y. Mab “Friction stir welding and processing” Materials Science and Engineering R 50 (2005) 1–78.
- Thomas WM, Johnson KI, Wiesner CS. Friction stir welding-receved developments in tool and process technologies. Adv Eng Mater 2003;5:485–90.
- Prashant Prakash1, Sanjay Kumar Jha “a study of process parameters of friction stir welded aa 6061 aluminium alloy” , B.I.T Mesra , Ranchi , India Vol. 2, Issue 6, June 2013.
- Man deep Singh Sidhu, Sukhpal Singh Catha “Friction Stir Welding – Process and its Variables: A Review” , Yadavindra College of Engineering, Punjabi University Campus, Talwandi Sabo, Bathinda, Punjab-151302, India. Volume 2, Issue 12, December 2012
- Rajeswari R. Itharaju,"Friction Stir Processing of Aluminum alloys", University of Kentucky, Master’s theses, 2004.
- M.St. Weglowski, S. Dymek,"Relation between friction stir processing parameters and torque, temperature and penetration depth of the tool", Archives of civil and mechanical engineering, Vol. 13, Issue 2, 2013, pp. 186 – 191.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 61-64
Manuscript Number : IJSRST15159
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vikash, Gopal Sahu, Prakash Kumar Sen, Ritesh Sharma, Shailendra Bohidar, "A Review on Analysis of Friction Stir Welding Process of Steel", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.61-64, November-December-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST15159