Home > Archives > IJSRST162341
The Effect of CDS Quantum Dots Thickness on the Efficiency of the Quantum Dots Solar Cells
Authors(1) :-T. T. Ha
The quantum dots solar cells (QDSSCs) have been investigated to the researchers in over the world because the quantum dots (QDs) have more advantages than molecular dye in the dye – sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). In this work, the QDSSCs based on the TiO2/CdS/CdSe/ZnS photoanodes were prepared by the different methods. we focus on the effect of the CdS thickness on the recombination resistance, the chemical capacitance of the performance QDSSCs. The results show that the efficiency of the QDSSCs increased (reduced the recombination resistance) when the CdS thickness were 3 layers.
Quantum Dots, Solar Cells, SILAR.
- Nozik, A, J (2005), Exciton Multiplication and Relaxation Dynamics in Quantum Dots: Applications to Ultrahigh-Efficiency Solar Photon Conversion. Inorg. Chem. 44, 6893-6899.
- Wu. Jiang, Wang. Zhiming M. (2014), Quantum Dot Solar Cells. Springer-Verlag New York, Volume 15.
- Guyot-Sionnest, P (2008), Colloidal Quantum Dots. C. R. Physique. 9, 77-787.
- Vogel R, Pohl K, Weller H. (1990), Sensitization of highly porous polycrystalline TiO2 electrodes by quantum sized CdS, Chem Phys Lett,174,241-6.
- Lee Y. L, Lo Y. S. (2009), Highly efﬁcient quantum-dot-sensitized solar cell based on co-sensitization of CdS/CdSe, Advanced Functional Materials, 19, 604–609.
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Huang S, Huang X, Luo Y, Meng Q, Li D. (2010), Application of carbon counterelectrode on CdS quantum dot-sensitized solar cells (QDSSCs), Electrochemistry Communications,12, 327–30.
- Chen J, Zhao DW, Song JL, Sun XW, Deng WQ, Liu XW, Lei W. (2009), Directly assembled CdSe quantum dots on TiO2 in aqueous solution by adjusting pH value for quantum dot sensitized solar cells, Electrochemistry Communications, 11, 2265–7.
- Yu X-Y, Lei B-X, Kuang D-B, Su C-Y. (2012), High performance and reduced charge recombination of CdSe/CdS quantum dot-sensitized solar cells, J Mater Chem, 22, 12058–63.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 155-158
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162341
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
T. T. Ha, "The Effect of CDS Quantum Dots Thickness on the Efficiency of the Quantum Dots Solar Cells", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.155-158, May-June-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162341