Home > Archives > IJSRST162359
Rescue Robot for Emergency Human Search during Disasters Using Pyrometric Sensor (PIR)
Authors(2) :-Majid Murtaza Noor, Seema Chawla
This paper presents the designing of rescue robot system with the focus on implementing low cost prototype using the lightweight PIR sensor for the detection of humans in the disasters (man-made as well as natural). This research serves as proof-of concept for human search in catastrophe using pyrometric sensor with the high accuracy rate of detection. The wireless sensor network also helps to track the location of the robot by analyzing signal strength. Design and development of the network and the physical robot prototype are described in this paper.
Majid Murtaza Noor, Seema Chawla
Rescue Robot, Wireless network, Disasters, PIR Sensor, Human Detection
- J. Casper and R. Murphy, "Human-robot interactions during the robot assisted urban search and rescue response at the World Trade Center",IEEE Trans. On Systems, Man and Cybernetics-part B, vol. 33, pp. 367-385, 2003.
- M. Eich, F. Grimminger and F. Kirchner, "Proprioceptive control of a hybrid legged-wheeled robot", Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biometrics, pp. 774-779, Feb. 2009.
- Y. Fukuoka and H. Kimura, "Adaptive dynamic walking of a quadruped robot on irregular terrain based on biological concepts", International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 22, pp. 187-202, 2003.
- M. Ohira, R. Chatterjee and T. Kamegawa, "Development of three legged modular robots and demonstration of collaborative task execution", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3895-3900, April 2008.
- H. Tsukagoshi, M. Sasaki, A. Kitagawa and T. Tanaka, "Design of a higher jumping rescue robot with the optimized pneumatic drive", Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1276-1283, April 2005.
- M. Suzuki, S. Kitai and S. Hirose, Basic systematic experiments and new type child unit of anchor climber: swarm type wall climbing robot system", Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3034-3039, May 2008.
- T. Kamegawa, K. Saikai and A. Gofuku, "Development of grouped rescue robot platform for information collection in damaged buildings", The University Electro-Communications, pp. 1642-1647, Aug. 2008.
- K. Nagatani, K. Yoshida and K. Kiyokawa, "Development of a networked robotic system for disaster mitigation", Proc. Field and Service Robotics, pp. 453-462, Aug. 2008.
- Y. Yang, G. Xu, X. Wu, H. Feng and Y. Xu, "Parent-child robot system for rescue missions", IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 1427-1432, Dec. 2009.
- Z. Hu, "Localization system of rescue robot based on multi-sensor fusion", IEEE Int. Conf. on Computing, Control and Industrial Engineering, Aug. 2011.
- S. Miyama, M. Imai and Y. Anzai, "Rescue robot under disaster situation: Position acquisition with omni-directional sensor", IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Oct. 2003.
- D. P. Stormont and A. Kutiyanawala, "Localization using triangulation in swarms of autonomous rescue robots", IEEE Int. Work. on Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics, Sept. 2007.
- J. Li, J. Bao and Y. Yu, "Study on localization for rescue robots based on NDT scan matching", IEEE Int. Conf. on Information and Automation, June 2010.
- B. Schiele, M. Andriluka, N. Majer, S. Roth and C. Wojek, "Visual people detection: Different models, comparison and discussion", ICRA Workshop People Detection and Tracking, 2009.
- J. Serrano-Cuerda, M. Lopez and A. Fernandez Caballero, "Robust human detection and tracking in intelligent environments by information fusion of color and infrared video", Int. Conf. on Intelligent Environments, 2011
- A. Himoto, H. Aoyama, O. Fuchiwaki, D. Misaki and T. Sumrall, "Development of micro rescue robot – human detection", IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics, 2005.
- S. Bhatia, H. S. Dhillon and N. Kumar, "Alive human body detection system using an autonomous mobile rescue robot", IEEE India Conference, Dec 2011.
- H. Sun, P. Yang, Z. Liu, L. Zu and Q. Xu, "Microphone array based auditory localization for rescue robot", Control and Decision Conference, May 2011.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 217-221
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162359
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Majid Murtaza Noor, Seema Chawla, "Rescue Robot for Emergency Human Search during Disasters Using Pyrometric Sensor (PIR)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.217-221, May-June-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162359