Home > Archives > IJSRST173148
A Brief Study on Properties of High Strength Concrete using Nano Silica and Micro Silica
Authors(2) :-Komma Gangi Reddy, P. Radha Krishna Murthy
Concrete is the most versatile material. Due to the persistent and continuous demands made on concrete to meet the various difficult requirements, extensive and wide spread research work is being carried out in the area of concrete technology. Engineers are continually pushing the limits to improve its performance with the help of innovative chemical admixtures and supplementary cementitious materials like fly ash, silica fume, and granulated blast furnace slag, steel slag etc.
Komma Gangi Reddy, P. Radha Krishna Murthy
Study on Properties of High Strength Concrete using Nano Silica and Micro Silica.
- ACI Committee 234, (1995), "Guide for the use of Silica Fume in Concrete", ACI Materials Journal, pp 437 – 440.
- Shannag M.J, "High strength concrete containing natural Pozzolana and silica fume", Cement & Concrete Composites, vol 22, 2000, pp. 399-406.
- Joshi, N. G. Bandra – Worli Sea Link: "Evolution of HPC mixes containing Silica Fume", Indian Concrete Journal, (Oct. 2001), pp. 627-633.
- Basu, P. C.: "NPP containment structures Indian experience in Silica Fume –based HPC", Indian Concrete Journal, (Oct. 2001), pp. 656-664.
- Verma Ajay, Chandak Rajeec and Yadav R.K. "Effect of micro silica on the strength of concrete with ordinary Portland cement" Research journal of Engineering Science ISSN 2278-9472 vol.1(3), 1-4, sept (2012).
- Thomas, M D. A. "Using Silica Fume to Combat ASR in Concrete", Indian Concrete Journal, (Oct. 2001), pp 656-664.
- Lewis, R. C., Hasbi, S. A.: "Use of Silica Fume concrete: Selective case studies", Indian Concrete Journal, (Oct. 2001), pp. 645-652.
- IS: 10262-2009 Recommended guide lines for concrete mix design.
- IS: 383-1970 Specification for coarse and fine aggregates from natural resources.
- IS: 516-1959 Methods of tests for strength of concrete.
- IS: 5816 Method of test for splitting tensile strength.
- IS: 4031-1996 (Part-1) Determination of Fineness by dry sieving.
- IS: 4031-1988(Part-3) Determination of soundness.
- IS: 4031-1988(Part-4) Determination of Standard consistency of Cement paste.
- IS: 4031-1988(Part-5) Determination of Initial and Final Setting Times.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 252-260
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173148
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Komma Gangi Reddy, P. Radha Krishna Murthy, "A Brief Study on Properties of High Strength Concrete using Nano Silica and Micro Silica ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.252-260 , January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173148