Home > Archives > IJSRST173719
Identification and Analysis of Casting Defects
Authors(1) :-Manish Daiya
Casting process is the most widely used process in manufacturing industries. Production of casting involves various processes like pattern making, molding, and core making and melting. It is very difficult to produce defect free castings. Systematic analysis and identification of sources of product defects are essential for successful manufacturing. Since the quality of casting parts are mostly influenced by process conditions, how to determine the optimum process condition becomes the key to improving part quality. The industry generally tries to eliminate the defects by trial and error method. This paper describes the identification and analysis of the casting defects. Filling related defects, Shape related defects and Thermal related defects of casting products are discussed in this paper. Defects occurred by various gating system parameters are also be identified. So good gating system reduces the defects.
Casting process, Casting defects, Foundry, Product defects, Gating systems
- Sandeep Singh, Lakhwindar Pal Singh & Gurudatt Sahni,? "A REVIEW ON OPTIMIZATION OF GATING SYSTEM IN METAL CASTING" IMPACT: International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology (IMPACT: IJRET)ISSN (P): 2347-4599; ISSN (E): 2321-8843Vol. 4, Issue 6, Jun 2016, 21-26
- Sandeep Singh, Lakhwindar Pal Singh & Gurudatt Sahni, "ADVANCED TECHNIQUES IN CASTING DEFECTS AND REJECTIONANALYSIS: A STUDY IN AINDUSTRY" Novateur Publication International Journal Of Innovations in engg.Research and Technology? [IJIERT]ISSN: 2394-3696 VOLUME 2, ISSUE 9, SEP.-2015
- A. Rai, S. K. Ganguly "WEB-BASED EXPERT SYSTEM FOR SOME DEFECT IN SAND CASTINGS" Proceedings of BITCON-2015 Innovations For National Development National Conference on : Innovations In Mechanical Engineering For Sustainable Development.
- Achamyeleh A. Kassie, Samuel B. Assfaw-"Minimization of casting defects" IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN) e-ISSN: 2250-3021, p-ISSN: 2278-8719 Vol. 3, Issue 5 (May. 2013), ||V1 || PP 31-38
- Shantanu Joshi, Prof. B.R.Jadhav "CASTING DEFECT REDUCTION AND PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT IN AUTOMOTIVE componentst" Volume 3 Issue VI, June 2015 IC Value: 13.98 ISSN: 2321-9653
- John Campbell and Richard A Harding, in "Solidification Defects in Casting", IRC in Materials, University of Birmingham.
- R. Monroe, "Porosity in Castings", American Foundry Society, Paper 05-245(04), 2005
- Dr. R.L. Naro, "Porosity Defects in Iron Castings from Mould-Metal Interface Reactions" Paper (99-206)
- P. N. Rao, 1998, Manufacturing Technology-Foundry, Forming and Welding, Tata mcgraw-Hill Publications, New-Delhi.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 78-81
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173719
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Manish Daiya, "Identification and Analysis of Casting Defects", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.78-81, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173719